Tenders and notices
Declaration of Boating Activity Exemption - Disability Sport and Recreation Festival
Thursday 30 November, 2017
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Parks Victoria as the declared waterway manager for the Yarra River upstream of port waters of the Port of Melbourne under the Marine Safety Act 2010 (the Act) makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Act.
For the purpose of conducting the Disability Sport and Recreation Festival – Water-skiing Exhibition on 1 December 2017 between 10:00am and 2:00pm, masters of vessels involved are exempt from:
- 5 knots within 50 metres of another vessel – Clause 2(c);
- 5 knots within 50 metres of the waters’ edge – Clause 3(a);
- 5 knots within 50 metres of a fixed or floating structure – Clause 3(b); and
- 5 knot speed limit on the waters of the Yarra River – Schedule 3 Clause 3.1 of the Notice under the Act.
- Masters of vessels involved in the event will no longer be exempt from item 1 in the above list should non-participating vessels enter the exclusion zone.
- The exemptions apply to the masters and vessels participating in the Disability Sport and Recreation Festival on the Yarra River between Spencer Street Bridge and Queens Bridge, provided the undertakings detailed in the event application and associated documentation are adhered to at all times.
BY ORDER OF PARKS VICTORIA