You are hereHome > About > Tenders and notices > Declaration of boating activity exemption - Life Saving Victoria IRB Carnival
Tenders and notices
Declaration of boating activity exemption - Life Saving Victoria IRB Carnival
Friday 21 April, 2017
Parks Victoria as the waterway manager for the Local Port of Port Phillip and the waters of Western Port Bay, declare under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic) that for persons and vessels associated with the respective 2017 Life Saving Victoria IRB Carnival detailed in Table 1 are exempt as follows:
- Vessels associated with the 2017 Life Saving Victoria IRB Carnival are exempt from the requirements to operate a vessel at a speed not exceeding 5 knots:
- within 50 metres of a person in the water or another vessel; and
- within 200 metres of the waters’ edge; as detailed in clauses 2(a), 2(c), 4(a) and 1.1.9 (a) of the Notice under section 15(2) of the Marine Act 1988 (Vic).
- The exemptions in clause 1 above will be automatically suspended for any periods when swimmers or other vessels not associated with the event approach within 100 metres of any vessel or swimmer involved in the event.
- The exemptions in clause 1 above will apply only to operators and vessels associated with the event which are noted on a list maintained by Life Saving Victoria.
- The vessel exclusion zone of waters bounded by a line commencing at a signpost displaying signs on the shore and on the end of Lagoon Pier, to yellow special mark piles with 'No Vessels' signs, to a signpost displaying 'No Vessels' on the foreshore at the end of Philipson Street, Albert Park.
The exemptions apply for the times, dates and locations of 2017 Life Saving Victoria IRB Carnival detailed in Table 1, provided that the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the Applications for Boating Activity Exemptions and associated documents, are adhered to.
Table 1: 2017 Life Saving Victoria IRB Carnival
|Date||Event Name||Venue||Start time||End time|
|*23 April 2017||LSV IRB Carnival||South Melbourne LSC||7:00am||4:00pm|
* Back up dates for this event are 22 April 2017 and 7 May 2017.
By Order of Parks Victoria
11 Apr 2017
It’s out with the old and in with the ‘loo’! Visitors heading to the historic Ritchie’s Hut in the Howqua Hills Historic Area, Alpine National Park these Easter holidays can look forward to a brand new toilet. The new toilet replaces an old timber pit toilet which although in character…
8 Apr 2017 8:00pm - 29 Apr 2017 9:30pm
This theatrical performance taking place at the historic farm in Werribee Park, is filled with history, comedy and scary elements. It is a highly entertaining and informative performance, suitable for ages 11 and above.
13 May 2017 11:00am-2:00pm
Come and join in a giant picnic and spell out the word WE *heart* PARKS to show our love for parks and the unique forests of the Central Highlands.
26 May 2017 6:00am-10:00pm
Melbourne Coastrek is an annual 30km - 60km team trekking challenge held along the Mornington Peninsula's stunning coastline raising money for The Fred Hollows Foundation. Hosted by Wild Women On Top, it’s one of the most picturesque endurance events in Australia, including ocean and bay beaches and views, headlands, cliff…