You are hereHome > About > Tenders and notices > Declaration of boating activity exemption - Life Saving Victoria IRB Carnival
Tenders and notices
Declaration of boating activity exemption - Life Saving Victoria IRB Carnival
Friday 21 April, 2017
Parks Victoria as the waterway manager for the Local Port of Port Phillip and the waters of Western Port Bay, declare under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic) that for persons and vessels associated with the respective 2017 Life Saving Victoria IRB Carnival detailed in Table 1 are exempt as follows:
- Vessels associated with the 2017 Life Saving Victoria IRB Carnival are exempt from the requirements to operate a vessel at a speed not exceeding 5 knots:
- within 50 metres of a person in the water or another vessel; and
- within 200 metres of the waters’ edge; as detailed in clauses 2(a), 2(c), 4(a) and 1.1.9 (a) of the Notice under section 15(2) of the Marine Act 1988 (Vic).
- The exemptions in clause 1 above will be automatically suspended for any periods when swimmers or other vessels not associated with the event approach within 100 metres of any vessel or swimmer involved in the event.
- The exemptions in clause 1 above will apply only to operators and vessels associated with the event which are noted on a list maintained by Life Saving Victoria.
- The vessel exclusion zone of waters bounded by a line commencing at a signpost displaying signs on the shore and on the end of Lagoon Pier, to yellow special mark piles with 'No Vessels' signs, to a signpost displaying 'No Vessels' on the foreshore at the end of Philipson Street, Albert Park.
The exemptions apply for the times, dates and locations of 2017 Life Saving Victoria IRB Carnival detailed in Table 1, provided that the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the Applications for Boating Activity Exemptions and associated documents, are adhered to.
Table 1: 2017 Life Saving Victoria IRB Carnival
|Date||Event Name||Venue||Start time||End time|
|*23 April 2017||LSV IRB Carnival||South Melbourne LSC||7:00am||4:00pm|
* Back up dates for this event are 22 April 2017 and 7 May 2017.
By Order of Parks Victoria
19 May 2017
Parks Victoria is reminding the community that firewood collection and removal from the Wimmera Heritage River is not permitted.A fine and infringement notice has recently been issued after an individual was caught on remote camera illegally harvesting firewood from the area.Parks Victoria is seeking to raise awareness of the river’s…
27 May 2017 10:00am-3:00pm
Over 1600 trees, plants and herbs for sale. Proceeds to Werribee Park volunteer groups. Enter via Gate 2 - Main Visitors Car Park
28 May 2017 9:00am-11:00am
You are cordially invited to attend Friends of Glen Nayook's next working bee. The focus will be on removing debris and clearing overhead branches on the bottom loop and if time permits, clean up in the carpark area. It would be greatly appreciated if you brought along tools (loppers, rakes…
3 Jul 2017 3:00pm-4:00pm
This historical tour provides a unique opportunity to view a cave that is rarely open to the public and is part of the same cave system as the Royal and the Fairy show caves. Lit only by solar-powered pathway lights, you are provided with a helmet and headlight to view…
4 Jul 2017 1:00pm-2:30pm
A rare opportunity to visit spectacular caves located to the north of Buchan. Be prepared for something very special. The tour requires a 14 km drive north of Buchan and a reasonable level of fitness. Discounts apply for multiple tours.