Tenders and notices
Declaration of boating activity exemption - Victoria Jet Ski Boating Association
Tuesday 28 August, 2018
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Parks Victoria, as the declared waterway manager for the Patterson River, upstream of the Nepean Highway Bridge to Eumemmering Creek, including the National Water Sports Centre, makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Marine Safety Act 2010 (Vic).
For the purposes of conducting the proposed events by the Victorian Jet Ski Boating Association on 16 September 2018, 21 October 2018, 25 November 2018, 3 March 2019 and 7 April 2019, person and vessels involved in these events are exempt from the following requirements:
State Rules made under the Marine Act 1988
- Clause 3(a) – must not exceed 5 knots within 50 metres of the waters’ edge – applies to competing vessels and rescue vessels.
Marine Safety Regulations 2012
- Regulation 96(5) – vessel must not operate unless vessel equipped with waterproof buoyant torch – applies to competing vessels.
Subject to the conditions detailed below:
- The masters of competing vessels are only exempt from item 1 when competing in the event, provided they operate at a speed not exceeding 5 knots within 20 metres of the waters’ edge.
- The masters of rescue vessels are only exempt from item 1 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore.
- All participants on vessels involved with the event must wear a personal flotation device at all times during the event.
- These exemptions apply between the hours of 8:30am to 4:00pm on the day of the event and only to persons and vessels registered to take part in the Victorian Jet Ski Boating Association events on the waters of the Patterson River – National Water Sports Centre, provided the stated safety controls and undertakings detailed in the application form and associated documentation are adhered to.
BY ORDER OF PARKS VICTORIA