You are hereHome > About > Tenders and notices > Declaration of Boating Activity Exemption - Victorian Drag Racing Events
Tenders and notices
Declaration of Boating Activity Exemption - Victorian Drag Racing Events
Wednesday 15 November, 2017
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
I, Graeme Davis, District Manager Port Phillip Western Port, as delegate of Parks Victoria, the waterway manager for the Patterson River, upstream of Nepean Highway Bridge to Eumemmering Creek, make the following declaration under section 203(3) under the Marine Safety Act 2010:
For the purpose of conducting Victorian Drag Boat Inc Events at the National Water Sports Centre, competing and rescue vessels are exempt from:
Competitors vessels during the event only:
- Clause 3(a) – 5 knots within 50 metres of the waters’ edge Clause 2(c) – 5 knots within 50 metres of another vessel.
- Clause 3(b) – 5 knots within 50 metres of a fixed or floating structure.
- The requirements to carry the following safety equipment as detailed in Regulation 96(5) of the Marine Safety Regulations 2012 – a bucket with a lanyard, a waterproof buoyant torch, a fire extinguisher and a paddle.
- The requirements of Regulation 4 (PFD Type 1, PFD Type 2, PFD Type 3 definitions), 96(6) and 100(3) of the Marine Safety Regulations 2012 – carry and wear PFD type specified.
Rescue vessels when undertaking rescue activities only:
- Clause 2(a) – 5 knots within 50 metres of a person in the water.
- Clause 2(c) – 5 knots within 50 metres of another vessel.
- Clause 3(a) – 5 knots within 50 metres of the waters’ edge.
- Clause 3(b) – 5 knots within 50 metres fixed or floating structure.
- Competitors are exempt from item 1 provided they do not exceed 5 knots within 30 metres of the waters’ edge and when competing only.
- Competitors are exempt from items 2 & 3 when competing only.
- Competitors are exempt from item 4 in vessels with enclosed cockpits or capsules and when competing only.
- The masters of vessels providing rescue are only exempt from items 5 – 8 when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety.
- Occupants of powered vessels (unless exempt) including rescue vessels used in conjunction with the event, must be wearing a personal floatation device at all times during the event.
- The exemptions apply from 6:00am to 8:00pm on 19 November 2017, 21 January 2018, 25 February 2018, 8 April 2018 and 6 May 2018 provided the undertakings detailed in the event application and associated documentation are adhered to at all times.
BY ORDER OF PARKS VICTORIA
Date: 15 November 2017