Tenders and notices
Declaration of Boating Activity Exemption - Williamstown Open Water
Tuesday 12 December, 2017
DECLARATION OF BOATING ACTIVITY EXEMPTION
Parks Victoria as the declared waterway manager for Local Port of Phillip under the Marine Safety Act 2010 (the Act) makes the following declaration under section 203(3) of the Act.
For the purpose of conducting the Williamstown Open Water on 17 December 2017
(back up date of 24 December 2017), 5.00 AM to 2.00 PM, rescue vessels are exempt from:
Masters of Rescue vessels when undertaking rescue activities only:
- Exemption from 5 knots within 50 metres of a person in the water- clause 2(a);
- Exemption from 5 knots within 50 metres of another vessel- clause 2(c);
- Exemption from 5 knots within 200 metres of the waters ' edge- clause 4(a);
- Exemption from 5 knots within 50 meters of a wharf, jetty, spillway, diving platform or boat ramp except in an access lane- clause 4(b) ;
- Exemption from vessel prohibited area as detailed in clause 1.5.9(b) of Schedule 1.
- The above exemptions are active between 5.00 AM to 2.00 PM on the 17 December 2017 only or back up date of 24 December 2017.
- The masters of official vessels listed in WOW Appendix A2 are exempt from item 5 in
the above list when undertaking official duties.
- The masters of designated water safety rescue vessels (as per WOW Appendix 2) are exempt from items 1 - 5 in the above list only when undertaking a rescue operation to retrieve persons in distress, provide for their initial medical or other needs and deliver them to a place of safety on shore. These IRB rescue vessels must be fitted with propeller guards, in order to minimise the risk of propeller strike injury to people in the water.
BY ORDER OF PARKS VICTORIA