Safety and regulations
- Swimming is not permitted under the Nepean Highway railway bridge or anywhere near the river mouth, including the rock walls. Observe signage.
- All the plants and animals in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it.
- Bins are not provided. Please take your rubbish with you.
- Dogs must be controlled on a leash at all times. Clean up after your dog.
As Victoria's most popular boating facility, Patterson River at Launching Way can sometimes be crowded, and hazardous to navigate.
Parks Victoria undertake dredging as required to help reduce silt build up in the main channel, but all boat operators should be aware of channel depths, weather conditions and tide to help navigate safely into Port Phillip Bay.
Boat Operators should satisfy themselves in the safe navigation of the channel as soundings are not always accurate and sand can accumulate quickly across the entrance.
- This park has been assessed to have a low level of bushfire risk and will remain open on days of Code Red Fire Danger Rating.
- For more information on the location of parks within Bureau of Meteorology forecast districts and closures on days of forecast Code Red Fire Danger Rating, click here.
- Fires (including barbecues) must not be lit on days of Total Fire Ban. For more information about Total Fire Bans visit the CFA website.