Things to do Park Subotopic Layout
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla2c703d1-336e-34d6-e040-a8c0ac64201c
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
- The river bank is a good spot to picnic or go for a strol and watch the boats slip by. Facilities include under cover picnic areas, children's playgrounds and electric barbecues.
- Bike riding is popular with bike trails to Mordialloc, Dandenong, Frankston and the city.
- Fishing along the river is permitted by Victorian Fishing License holders. Fishing licenses are available from the tackle shop and kiosk at Launching way.
- The most popular reason to visit Patterson River is to go boating. Boating facilities including four two lane boat ramps, boat washing facilities and weather reports excellent car and trailer parking are available. A tackle shop and kiosk at Launching way caters for all boating and fishing needs including fishing licenses and boat fuel. Even if you don't have a boat, you can still enjoy a cruise along the river and on the Bay with one of commercial boat operators who conduct tours.
- The National Water Sports Centre has a myriad of popular water based events year round.
12 Feb 2014
It’s been another successful Summer by the Sea holiday program at Foster and Wilsons Promontory, thanks to the efforts of Parks Victoria’s Summer Rangers. The seasonal program is designed to engage and educate through show-casing the local marine environment. It is run in partnership with the Department of Environment and…