Change of conditionsAdd change of condition
- River closures and events at Yarra River, Wednesday 19 September, 2018
- Notice to River Users regarding the full closure of the Yarra River at Swan Street Bridge from 10am to 11.30am on Monday 24 September 2018 due to upgrade works. at Yarra River, Wednesday 19 September, 2018
- Notice to river users regarding the extension of Cremorne Rail Bridge maintenance works period, from 7:00 am 3 September to 5:30 pm 2 November 2018. at Yarra River, Friday 14 September, 2018
- Notice to River Users regarding Southgate Floating Landing works from 7:00am 13 August 2018 to 5:30pm 26 September 2018. at Yarra River, Friday 14 September, 2018
- Southgate Wharf is closed until September 2018 while works are completed to install a new accessible floating landing and refurbished ticket booths. Commercial tour boats are still operating throughout the works from temporary berths which are located 200 metres south/downstream at Sandridge Wharf. at Yarra River, Tuesday 14 August, 2018
- Notice to River Users regarding North Wharf construction works from 26 October 2017 to 31 January 2019. at Yarra River, Thursday 26 October, 2017
Board one of the many river craft at Southgate or Princes Walk or travel along the Yarra in your own boat to visit attractions such as Melbourne Park for the Australian Tennis Open, the Royal Botanical Gardens and Herring Island Park. The Yarra River is now the undisputed social heart of marvellous Melbourne.
A Melbourne icon, the river is the focus for numerous spectacular events including the famous Moomba festival, rowing regattas, the Melbourne Festival and Dragon Boat Festivals.
The Yarra River offers a multitude of picturesque settings. The banks of the river have a number of barbecue and picnic facilities, fishing platforms and jettys. In addition, there are trails and paths which cater for cyclists, walkers and joggers.
Aboriginal Traditional Owners
Parks Victoria acknowledges the Aboriginal Traditional Owners of Victoria - including its parks and reserves. Through their cultural traditions, Aboriginal people maintain their connection to their ancestral lands and waters. Further information is available from Aboriginal Affairs Victoria AAV and Native Title Services Victoria