Change of conditionsAdd change of condition
- Notice to River Users regarding Swan Street Bridge upgrade works on Thursday 15, Monday 19 and Saturday 24 March 2018. at Yarra River, Wednesday 14 March, 2018
- Notice to River Users regarding the relocation of Supafish Pontoon Barge, Monday 5 March 2018. at Yarra River, Friday 2 March, 2018
- River closures and events at Yarra River, Wednesday 28 February, 2018
- Notice to River Users regarding Princes Bridge works from 5 March 2018 to 30 March 2018. at Yarra River, Thursday 22 February, 2018
- Notice to River Users regarding North Wharf construction works from 26 October 2017 to 31 January 2019. at Yarra River, Thursday 26 October, 2017
- Notice to River Users regarding Swan Street bridge works to 31 March 2018. at Yarra River, Friday 25 August, 2017
Board one of the many river craft at Southgate or Princes Walk or travel along the Yarra in your own boat to visit attractions such as Melbourne Park for the Australian Tennis Open, the Royal Botanical Gardens and Herring Island Park. The Yarra River is now the undisputed social heart of marvellous Melbourne.
A Melbourne icon, the river is the focus for numerous spectacular events including the famous Moomba festival, rowing regattas, the Melbourne Festival and Dragon Boat Festivals.
The Yarra River offers a multitude of picturesque settings. The banks of the river have a number of barbecue and picnic facilities, fishing platforms and jettys. In addition, there are trails and paths which cater for cyclists, walkers and joggers.
Aboriginal Traditional Owners
Parks Victoria acknowledges the Aboriginal Traditional Owners of Victoria - including its parks and reserves. Through their cultural traditions, Aboriginal people maintain their connection to their ancestral lands and waters. Further information is available from Aboriginal Affairs Victoria AAV and Native Title Services Victoria
There are no upcoming events at this location.See What's On elsewhere. List an event Plan an event