Parking at Albert Park
Parking fees increase January 2018
Parking fees at Albert Park Reserve will increase from 1 January 2018, due to the increased cost of delivering parking services. Changes in fees will be implemented to maintain quality facilities, ensure a healthy environment and encourage greater use of public transport.
The new fees have been set to minimise the impact on park users as much as possible and are consistent with other popular locations nearby such as the St Kilda and Elwood foreshores.
The new parking fees from 1 January 2018 are:
- Weekday hourly rate: $5.20 per hour (previously $3.50 per hour)
- Weekdays after 5pm flat rate: $5.20 (previously $2.60)
- Weekday maximum all day rate: $12.50 per day (previously $10.00 per day)
- Weekends flat rate fee: $5.20 per day (previously $2.60 per day)
Parking permits will continue to be available for park businesses and members of Albert Park clubs. New permit fees will commence on 1 January 2018:
- Sports Club Permit – 6 months: 32.90 (previously $25.60)
- Sports Club Permit– 6 months concession*: $16.45
- Sports Club Permit – 12 months: $65.90 (previously $51.20)
- Sports Club Permit – 12 months concession*: $32.95
- Junior Sports Club Permit – 12 months: $16.30 (previously $12.70)
- Junior Sports Club Permit – 12 months concession*: $8.15
- Tenant permit – 3 months: $205.10 (previously $159.50)
- Tenant permit – 3 months concession: $102.55*
- Tradespersons permit – 7 days: $24.00 (previously $11.70)
- Tradespersons permit – 7 days concession*: $12.00
*Concession prices are available for eligible concession cardholders including Centrelink Health Care Card, Centrelink Pensioner Card, Veterans Affairs Gold Card for All Conditions, Veterans Affairs Gold Card War Widow, Veterans Affairs Gold Card TPI and Veterans Affairs Gold card POW and EDA.
The net revenue from parking fees will continue to be reinvested back into Albert Park Reserve services and facilities and the sports and recreation club grant program.
Parks Victoria is working with all affected stakeholders including the local community, park visitors, sports clubs and commercial tenants to monitor the impact of the parking fee increases.
To provide feedback on the Albert Park Reserve parking fees email email@example.com