Car touring is a great way to explore and experience a park as large and varied as the Alpine National Park. Many attractions in the
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-1e13-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- Grading works will occur on Tamboritha, Moroka and Howitt roads in November and December 2014. Short delays may be encountered. Please use caution as trucks and slow earthmoving machinery will be in use during this time.
at Car touring
Thursday 13 November, 2014 |
Car touring is a great way to explore and experience a park as large and varied as the Alpine National Park. Many attractions in the park are accessible in a conventional 2WD car, however other areas can only be reached on rough tracks that require a 4WD vehicle.
Please remember that a few millimetres of rain can turn a dirt track into one that is treacherous and/or impassable - even for the most experienced driver. In addition to this, considerable damage occurs to 4WD tracks when used in wet conditions.
In addition, many roads and tracks are closed seasonally during the colder, wetter months for environmental and safety reasons. Please respect seasonal road closures.
The related publications section below features guides for each area of the park including a map indicating which roads and tracks are sealed, unsealed, or 4WD only.
- Alpine NP - Benambra-Buchan-Bonang - Park note (PDF 2.1 MB)
- Alpine NP - Bright - Mt Beauty - Omeo - Dargo - Park note (PDF 2.7 MB)
- Alpine NP - Heyfield-Licola-Dargo - Park note (PDF 1005.1 KB)
- Alpine NP - Mitta Mitta - Omeo - Tallangatta - Corryong - Park note (PDF 1.1 MB)
- Alpine NP - Valleys and bluffs around Mansfield and Whitfield - Park note (PDF 2.2 MB)
- Alpine NP - Wabonga Plateau-Mount Cobbler-Powers Lookout - Park Note (PDF 1.9 MB)
- Alpine NP - Walks around Bogong High Plains and Mountain Creek (PDF 571.2 KB)