Car touring is a great way to explore and experience a park as large and varied as the Alpine National Park. Many attractions in the …
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-1e13-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
Car touring is a great way to explore and experience a park as large and varied as the Alpine National Park. Many attractions in the park are accessible in a conventional 2WD car, however other areas can only be reached on rough tracks that require a 4WD vehicle.
Please remember that a few millimetres of rain can turn a dirt track into one that is treacherous and/or impassable - even for the most experienced driver. In addition to this, considerable damage occurs to 4WD tracks when used in wet conditions.
In addition, many roads and tracks are closed seasonally during the colder, wetter months for environmental and safety reasons. Please respect seasonal road closures.
The related publications section below features guides for each area of the park including a map indicating which roads and tracks are sealed, unsealed, or 4WD only.
- Park note - Alpine NP - around Bright, Mt Beauty, Omeo & Dargo (PDF File 2.7 MB)
- Park note - Alpine NP - Benambra, Buchan and Bonang (PDF File 2.1 MB)
- Park note - Alpine NP - Bogong, Mt Creek walks (PDF File 571.2 KB)
- Park note - Alpine NP - Heyfield, Licola, Dargo (PDF File 1005.1 KB)
- Park note - Alpine NP - Valleys and bluffs around Mansfield and Whitfield (PDF File 2.2 MB)
- Park Note - Alpine NP - Wabonga Plateau, Mount Cobbler & Powers Lookout (PDF File 1.9 MB)
- Park note - Alpine NP- around Mitta Mitta, Omeo, Tallangatta and Corryong (PDF File 1.1 MB)
07 Jun 2013
Parks Victoria is planning to conduct a pilot aerial shooting program to control the number of feral goats in Warby-Ovens National Park and Mount Mitta Mitta (Mittamatite) Regional Park from 11-13 June, pending suitable conditions. Mount Mitta Mitta (Mittamatite) Regional Park and a section of the Warby-Ovens National Park will …