Car touring is a great way to explore and experience a park as large and varied as the Alpine National Park. Many attractions in the
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-1e13-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- The section of Armstrong Track in the Deddick Valley from Bull Flat to Fry's Access is closed until further notice due to storm damage. at Car touring
Tuesday 13 June, 2017 |
Car touring is a great way to explore and experience a park as large and varied as the Alpine National Park. Many attractions in the park are accessible in a conventional 2WD car, however other areas can only be reached on rough tracks that require a 4WD vehicle.
Please remember that a few millimetres of rain can turn a dirt track into one that is treacherous and/or impassable - even for the most experienced driver. In addition to this, considerable damage occurs to 4WD tracks when used in wet conditions.
In addition, many roads and tracks are closed seasonally during the colder, wetter months for environmental and safety reasons. Please respect seasonal road closures.Note
- Trailers are not recommended on Davies Plain Track, Limestone Creek Track and McCarthys Track due to steep, loose and rocky terrain. Camper trailers are okay to Limestone Creek camping area from the Black Mountain Limestone Road.
- No trailers on Cobberas Trail, MacFarlane Flat Track and Ingeegoodbee Track due to very steep, loose and rocky terrain.
The related publications section below features guides for each area of the park including a map indicating which roads and tracks are sealed, unsealed, or 4WD only.
- Alpine National Park - Benambra, Buchan and Bonang - Visitor guide (PDF 2.6 MB)
- Alpine National Park - Bright, Mt Beauty, Omeo, Dargo - Park note (PDF 2.7 MB)
- Alpine National Park - Heyfield, Licola, Dargo - Visitor guide (PDF 3.5 MB)
- Alpine National Park - Mitta Mitta, Omeo, Tallangatta and Corryong - Visitor guide (PDF 3.1 MB)
- Alpine National Park - Walks around Bogong High Plains, Mountain Creek (PDF 571.2 KB)
- Alpine National Park around Mansfield and Whitfield - Visitor guide (PDF 2.5 MB)