There are many great opportunities for fishing in the park. The major streams and rivers such as the Wellington, Macalister, Wonnangatta, Caledonia, Howqua, King and
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-1e13-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
There are many great opportunities for fishing in the park. The major streams and rivers such as the Wellington, Macalister, Wonnangatta, Caledonia, Howqua, King and Rose Rivers all provide good fishing.
Fishing is also particularly popular on and around Lake Dartmouth.
Check your Fishing Guide for trout seasons, bag limits and freshwater cray regulations and ensure that you hold a current Victorian fishing licence.
The related publications below provide general guides to the areas where good fishing can be found.
- Alpine NP - Heyfield - Licola - Dargo - Park note (PDF File 1005.1 KB)
- Alpine NP - Mitta Mitta - Omeo - Tallangatta - Corryong - Park note (PDF File 1.1 MB)
- Alpine NP - Valleys and bluffs around Mansfield and Whitfield - Park note (PDF File 2.2 MB)
- Alpine NP - Wabonga Plateau - Mount Cobbler - Powers Lookout - Park Note (PDF File 1.9 MB)
31 Jan 2014
William Ricketts Sanctuary will close from Monday 3 February to Friday 7 February 2014 to enable a team of arborists to undertake critical tree maintenance within the park. “A large Mountain Ash tree has been assessed by arborists as part of our regular monitoring of the trees and was found…