There are many great opportunities for fishing in the park. The major streams and rivers such as the Wellington, Macalister, Wonnangatta, Caledonia, Howqua, King and
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-1e13-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
There are many great opportunities for fishing in the park. The major streams and rivers such as the Wellington, Macalister, Wonnangatta, Caledonia, Howqua, King and Rose Rivers all provide good fishing.
Fishing is also particularly popular on and around Lake Dartmouth.
Check your Fishing Guide for trout seasons, bag limits and freshwater cray regulations and ensure that you hold a current Victorian fishing licence.
The related publications below provide general guides to the areas where good fishing can be found.
- Alpine National Park - around Mitta Mitta, Omeo, Tallangatta and Corryong - Visitor guide (PDF 3.1 MB)
- Alpine National Park - Heyfield, Licola, Dargo - Park note (PDF 1005.1 KB)
- Alpine National Park - Valleys and bluffs near Mansfield, Whitfield - Park note (PDF 2.2 MB)
- Alpine NP - Wabonga Plateau, Mount Cobbler, Powers Lookout - Park note (PDF 1.9 MB)