There are many great opportunities for fishing in the park. The major streams and rivers such as the Wellington, Macalister, Wonnangatta, Caledonia, Howqua, King and
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-1e13-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
There are many great opportunities for fishing in the park. The major streams and rivers such as the Wellington, Macalister, Wonnangatta, Caledonia, Howqua, King and Rose Rivers all provide good fishing.
Fishing is also particularly popular on and around Lake Dartmouth.
Check your Fishing Guide for trout seasons, bag limits and freshwater cray regulations and ensure that you hold a current Victorian fishing licence.
The related publications below provide general guides to the areas where good fishing can be found.
- Park note - Alpine NP - Heyfield, Licola, Dargo (PDF File 1005.1 KB)
- Park note - Alpine NP - Valleys and bluffs around Mansfield and Whitfield (PDF File 2.2 MB)
- Park Note - Alpine NP - Wabonga Plateau, Mount Cobbler & Powers Lookout (PDF File 1.9 MB)
- Park note - Alpine NP- around Mitta Mitta, Omeo, Tallangatta and Corryong (PDF File 1.1 MB)
01 Nov 2013
The Minister for Environment and Climate Change, the Honourable Ryan Smith, has released the Tourism investment opportunities of significance making a proposal package. The proposal package will assist potential investors who are interested in developing tourism opportunities of significance in Victoria’s national parks. Proposals will not be considered in 37…