Safety and regulations Park Subotopic Layout
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-1e8c-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
- All the plants and animals in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it.
- Bins are not provided. Please take your rubbish with you.
- Horses, vehicles and bicycles are not permitted. Access is by foot only.
- In certain sections of the park, Sambar Deer may be hunted only by stalking from 15 February to 15 December. The use of dogs to hunt Sambar Deer is not permitted. Hunting other animals is not permitted. Contact 13 1963 for further information regarding hunting seasons and rules and regulations.
- Dogs and other pets are not permitted.
- Be self-sufficient with drinking water. Carry it in and/or know how to make untreated water safe for drinking. For more information read Water - make it safe to drink, contact Parks Victoria on 13 1963 or visit the Department of Human Services Better Health website.
- The park is remote and rugged with few to no facilities. Visitors must be experienced and well equipped.
- This park has been assessed to have a high level of bushfire risk and will be closed for public safety on days of Code Red Fire Danger Rating.
- On days of Code Red Fire Danger parks and forests are not safe places to be. For your own safety, do not enter parks or forests and if you are already there you should leave the night before or early in the morning .
- For more information on the location of parks within Bureau of Meteorology forecast districts and closures on days of forecast Code Red Fire Danger Rating, click here.
- Fires (including barbecues) must not be lit on days of Total Fire Ban. For more information about Total Fire Bans visit the CFA website.
14 Apr 2013
The Victorian Government has released the Point Nepean National Park Master Plan and announced its intention to run a commercial Expression of Interest to seek private sector investment in development of the historic Quarantine Station precinct. For further information and to view the plan go to www.depi.vic.gov.…