The Aberfeldy River Camping Area is accessed from the historic township of Walhalla or across the dam wall of the Thomson Reservoir. Access from Beardmores
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-22a8-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
The Aberfeldy River Camping Area is accessed from the historic township of Walhalla or across the dam wall of the Thomson Reservoir. Access from Beardmores to Binns Road is a 4WD only road. Fireplaces and toilets are provided at the camping area. lease bring your own firewood as firewood collection is prohibited in Baw Baw National Park.
Advance bookings and payment are required year round for Aberfeldy River.
The Eastern Tyers Camping Area is a walkers-only camp and is the first overnight stop from Walhalla for bushwalkers on the Australian Alps Walking Track.
Dispersed bush camping is permitted on the Baw Baw Plateau. The Plateau is a fuel stove only area - no solid fuel fires are permitted.
When camping you should be fully self sufficient with food, water and camping equipment. Campers should be aware that the weather can deteriorate suddenly and without warning. Don't hesitate to turn back if the trip becomes too difficult or the weather deteriorates.
Be sure to check the advice on safety and regulations before camping in the park.
- Light fires only in the fireplaces provided or use a portable gas or fuel stove.
- Ensure the area around your campfire is cleared of all flammable material for a distance of at least 3 metres.
- Ensure fires are never left unattended and are completely out before you leave.
- During Summer and Autumn Total Fire Bans are common; this means no fires are to be lit including portable cooking appliances.
- Always check for Total Fire Bans (1800 240 667) and fire conditions prior to your walk and carry a small radio or mobile phone.
- Baw Baw National Park - Camping fact sheet (PDF 574.0 KB)
Important information on revised fee structures for camping in Victoria’s parks and reserves, effective from 1 July 2014.
- Baw Baw National Park - Mount St Gwinear - Park note (PDF 1.3 MB)