You are here
Safety and regulations
Change of conditionsAdd change of condition View all changed conditions for Bay of Islands Coastal Park
- All the plants and animals in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it.
- Bins are not provided. Please take your rubbish with you.
- Fires are not permitted
- Keep to designated tracks.
- Dogs are permitted only in cars on main tourist roads and in sign-posted areas. Dogs are permitted on a leash from the Peterborough Golf Course to the Bay of Martyrs carpark.
- Beware of unpredictable weather and ocean conditions.
- Beware of undermined cliff edges and keep to designated walking tracks and viewing platforms only.
- Mobile phones may not be in network range in some areas of the park.
- This park has been assessed to have a high level of bushfire risk and will be closed for public safety on days of Code Red Fire Danger Rating.
- On days of Code Red Fire Danger parks and forests are not safe places to be. For your own safety, do not enter parks or forests and if you are already there you should leave the night before or early in the morning.
- For more information on the location of parks within Bureau of Meteorology forecast districts and closures on days of forecast Code Red Fire Danger Rating, click here.
- Fires (including barbecues) must not be lit on days of Total Fire Ban. For more information about Total Fire Bans visit the CFA website.