Safety and regulations Park Subotopic Layout
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-1e5c-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
- All the plants and animals in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it.
- Bins are not provided. Please take your rubbish with you.
- Keep to designated tracks.
- Take care when boating and observe speed restrictions. Power boats can cause serious damage to fragile intertidal areas.
- Keep clear of bird nesting or roosting areas
- Always replace any organisms or rocks you may have disturbed.
- Dogs must be controlled on a leash unless signs advise otherwise
- Dogs must be under control at all times and not interfering with other visitors' enjoyment of the park
- Clean up after your dog
- Dog regulations may change according to the season.
- Always consult tide charts before going boating.
- When boating, always let someone know before you go, including an estimated time of arrival.
- Beware of sudden changes in weather, especially when boating on open water.
- Beware of strong currents and undertows when snorkelling or at the beach.
- Diving should only be undertaken by trained and experienced divers.
- Wear shoes that grip well when walking on rock platforms.
- Watch where your hands are going at all times to avoid potentially dangerous creatures.
- Be aware of large unexpected waves when walking on shore, especially on rock platforms.
- Stay away from cliff edges and bases.
- Always remember to wear a hat, shirt and sunscreen
14 Nov 2013
Parks Victoria, Museum Victoria and 4WD Victoria are set to commence one of the most comprehensive wildlife, geology and palaeontology surveys ever conducted in the eastern corner of the Victorian Alpine National Park, north of Omeo. Commencing on 18 November and running for two weeks, the Bioscan will focus on…