Safety and regulations
Change of conditionsAdd change of condition
No change of conditions applyView all changed conditions for Cape Liptrap Coastal Park
- All the plants and animals in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it.
- Bins are not provided. Please take your rubbish with you.
- Light fires only in the fireplaces provided. Learn more about campfire safety.
- Toilet waste must be buried to a depth of at least 15cm and at least 100m away from waterways.
- Dispose of soap and detergent at least 50m from waterways.
- Keep to designated tracks.
- Vehicles and motorbikes may be used only on roads open to public vehicles. All vehicles must be registered and drivers licensed.
Dogs are only permitted between:
- Walkerville North and Walkerville Sout
- Venus Bays No.1 and No.5 Beaches
- Waratah Bay township and Cooks Creek.
Dogs in these areas must be controlled on a leash at all times. Dogs are not permitted in the above areas between 9am and 6pm from 1 December until 31 March.
- Strong currents and rips occur along sections of the coast so be careful when swimming.
- Venus Bay No. 1 beach is patrolled by surf lifesavers during the summer months. Always swim between the flags.
- Check tide times before attempting any coastal walk. Attempt walks along the coast only during the two hours either side of low tide.
- When walking, wear a hat, shirt and sunscreen and take plenty of drinking water.
- Be self-sufficient with drinking water. Carry it in and/or know how to make untreated water safe for drinking. For more information read Water - make it safe to drink, contact Parks Victoria on 13 1963 or visit the Better Health Channel.
- This park has been assessed to have a high level of bushfire risk and will be closed for public safety on days of Code Red Fire Danger Rating.
- On days of Code Red Fire Danger parks and forests are not safe places to be. For your own safety, do not enter parks or forests and if you are already there you should leave the night before or early in the morning.
- For more information on the location of parks within Bureau of Meteorology forecast districts and closures on days of forecast Code Red Fire Danger Rating, click here.
- Fires (including barbecues) must not be lit on days of Total Fire Ban. For more information about Total Fire Bans visit the CFA website.