You are hereHome > Explore > Parks map search > Castlemaine Diggings National Heritage Park > Safety and regulations
Safety and regulations Park Subotopic Layout
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-1f6d-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
- All the plants, animals, historic artefacts and geological features in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it.
- Bins are not provided. Please take your rubbish with you.
- Light fires only in the fireplaces provided. Learn more about campfire safety.
- Firearms are not permitted.
- Prospectors require a Miner’s right.
- Firewood collection is not permitted.
- Keep to designated tracks.
- Vehicles and motorbikes may be used only on roads open to public vehicles. All vehicles must be registered and drivers licensed.
Dogs are permitted on all roads and designated dog walking tracks but must be controlled on a leach at all times.
Dogs are not permitted within:
- Herons Reef
- The Monk
- Little Specimen Gully
- Welsh Village
- Expedition pass special protection areas
- Vaughan Mineral Springs
- Be self-sufficient with drinking water. Carry it in and/or know how to make untreated water safe for drinking. For more information read Water - make it safe to drink, contact Parks Victoria on 13 1963 or visit the Department of Human Services Better Health website.
- Keep to designated tracks as there are mine shafts and tunnels in the park.
- This park has been assessed to have a high level of bushfire risk and will be closed for public safety on days of Code Red Fire Danger Rating.
- On days of Code Red Fire Danger parks and forests are not safe places to be. For your own safety, do not enter parks or forests and if you are already there you should leave the night before or early in the morning .
- For more information on the location of parks within Bureau of Meteorology forecast districts and closures on days of forecast Code Red Fire Danger Rating, click here.
- Fires (including barbecues) must not be lit on days of Total Fire Ban. For more information about Total Fire Bans visit the CFA website.
06 Mar 2014
Clean Up Australia Day events held at Kalimna Park and Golden Point Reserve over the weekend resulted in 4 cubic metres of rubbish being removed from the bush in and around the Castlemaine Diggings National Heritage Park. Active community members of Castlemaine and Chewton spent their Sunday collecting rubbish including…