This shady campground is located among tall trees on the banks of Little River.AccessThe camping area is located at the start of Lowerson Track off
Change of conditionsAdd change of condition
- The Tweed Spur end of Cooks Mill campground will be closed from Thursday 14 June 2018 and will reopen Monday 1 October 2018. at Cooks Mill Tuesday 10 April, 2018
This shady campground is located among tall trees on the banks of Little River.
The camping area is located at the start of Lowerson Track off Little River Road just before it crosses the river.
Advance bookings and payment are required. Individual sites cannot be reserved; please select your campsite(s) within the campground on arrival.
Non-flush toilets, picnic tables, on-site information, picnic shelter and fireplaces are available. The fireplaces do not include a cooking plate so you will need to bring you own.
There are 30 campsites available accommodating a maximum of 6 people. Campsites are suitable for tents, camper trailers, campervans, small caravans and recreational vehicles. Do not camp under tree limbs.
Firewood collection is prohibited in the park but can be purchased from the nearby towns of Taggerty and Buxton. Use a portable gas stove or similar for cooking.
Please supply your own drinking water. Some water is available from Little River but it is not suitable for drinking.
There is no rubbish collection at this campground. Please take all rubbish with you.
- Light fires only in the fireplaces provided or use a portable camping stove instead.
- Ensure fires are never left unattended and are completely out before you leave.
- During summer and autumn Total Fire Bans are common – this means no open fires can be lit.
- For information on Total Fire Bans call the Victorian Bushfire Information Line on 1800 240 667.