This campground is located beside Lake Monibeong among coastal vegetation. Access Access is by four wheel drive only. Bookings Advanced bookings and payment is required.
Lake Monibeong Camp
Change of conditionsAdd change of condition
No change of conditions applyView all changed conditions for Discovery Bay Coastal Park
This campground is located beside Lake Monibeong among coastal vegetation.
Access is by four wheel drive only.
Advanced bookings and payment is required. Bookings open on 1 July each year and will be based on a first-in first-served basis. Bookings is especially advised for the peak period from Melbourne Cup Weekend in November through to the last Sunday in April each year.
Minimum bookings are required for:
- Labour Day weekend (minimum booking 3 nights - Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Easter (minimum booking 4 nights - Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday)
- Melbourne Cup weekend (minimum booking 4 nights - Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday)
There are 10 campsites available accommodating a maximum of 6 people per site. All campsites are unpowered and are suitable for one camper-trailer or a medium sized tent.
Flush toilets, shared picnic table, lake water (treat before drinking) and shared fireplace available.
Only allowed in designated fireplaces provided – supply your own wood – but fuel stoves are preferred.
Lake water is available but is not suitable for drinking – supply your own.
- Light fires only in the fireplaces provided or use a portable camping stove instead
- Ensure fires are never left unattended and are completely out before you leave
- During summer and autumn Total Fire Bans are common - this means no open fires can be lit
- For information on Total Fire Bans call the Victorian Bushfire Information Line on 1800 240 667