This campground is located beside Lake Monibeong among coastal vegetation. Access Access is by four wheel drive only. Bookings Advanced bookings and payment is required.
You are hereHome > Find > Park locator map > Discovery Bay Coastal Park > Things to do > Lake Monibeong Camp
Lake Monibeong Camp
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-1edb-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- Lake Monibeong Campground is closed however, it will be reopened to the public and for bookings on 1 July 2016.
at Lake Monibeong Camp
Monday 4 April, 2016 |
This campground is located beside Lake Monibeong among coastal vegetation.
Access is by four wheel drive only.
Advanced bookings and payment is required. Bookings open on 1 July each year and will be based on a first-in first-served basis. Bookings is especially advised for the peak period from Melbourne Cup Weekend in November through to the last Sunday in April each year.
Minimum bookings are required for:
- Labour Day weekend (minimum booking 3 nights - Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Easter (minimum booking 4 nights - Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday)
- Melbourne Cup weekend (minimum booking 4 nights - Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday)
There are 10 campsites available accommodating a maximum of 6 people per site. All campsites are unpowered and are suitable for one camper-trailer or a medium sized tent.
Flush toilets, shared picnic table, lake water (treat before drinking) and shared fireplace available.
Only allowed in designated fireplaces provided – supply your own wood – but fuel stoves are preferred.
Lake water is available but is not suitable for drinking – supply your own.
- Light fires only in the fireplaces provided or use a portable camping stove instead
- Ensure fires are never left unattended and are completely out before you leave
- During summer and autumn Total Fire Bans are common - this means no open fires can be lit
- For information on Total Fire Bans call the Victorian Bushfire Information Line on 1800 240 667