The campground is located in a coastal dune setting adjacent to a licensed dune buggy club area.AccessAccess is by 2WD or hikers along the Great
Swan Lake Camp
Change of conditionsAdd change of condition
No change of conditions applyView all changed conditions for Discovery Bay Coastal Park
The campground is located in a coastal dune setting adjacent to a licensed dune buggy club area.
Access is by 2WD or hikers along the Great South West Walk.
Advanced bookings and payment is required. Bookings open on 1 July each year and will be based on a first-in first-served basis. Bookings is especially advised for the peak period from Melbourne Cup Weekend in November through to the last Sunday in April each year.
Minimum bookings are required for:
- Labour Day weekend (minimum booking 3 nights - Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Easter (minimum booking 4 nights - Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday)
- Melbourne Cup weekend (minimum booking 4 nights - Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday)
There are 5 campsites available accommodating a maximum of 6 people per site. All campsites are unpowered and are suitable for one camper-trailer or a medium sized tent.
Non-flush toilets, shared picnic table, bore water (treat before drinking), information and shared fireplaces available.
Only allowed in designated fireplaces provided – supply your own wood – but fuel stoves are preferred.
Bore water is available but is not suitable for drinking – supply your own.
- Light fires only in the fireplaces provided or use a portable camping stove instead
- Ensure fires are never left unattended and are completely out before you leave
- During summer and autumn Total Fire Bans are common - this means no open fires can be lit
- For information on Total Fire Bans call the Victorian Bushfire Information Line on 1800 240 667