Safety and regulations Park Subotopic Layout
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-1e12-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
- All the plants and animals in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it.
- Bins are not provided. Please take your rubbish with you.
- Where possible, use a portable camping stove.
- Firearms are not permitted.
- Keep to designated tracks.
- Vehicles and motorbikes may be used only on roads open to public vehicles. All vehicles must be registered and drivers licensed.
- Dogs and other pets are not permitted.
- Never leave a fire unattended and make certain it is completely extinguished before you leave. Put the fire out with water, not soil.
- Road conditions can deteriorate very quickly at any time of the year. Access is severely restricted during the wetter months and snow may fall in winter.
- Some roads are seasonally closed to prevent erosion and for safety reasons. Check for current road closures before visiting.
- Logging trucks use roads and tracks in the area. Keep well to the left and drive with great care.
- This park has been assessed to have a high level of bushfire risk and will be closed for public safety on days of Code Red Fire Danger Rating.
- On days of Code Red Fire Danger parks and forests are not safe places to be. For your own safety, do not enter parks or forests and if you are already there you should leave the night before or early in the morning .
- For more information on the location of parks within Bureau of Meteorology forecast districts and closures on days of forecast Code Red Fire Danger Rating, click here.
- Fires (including barbecues) must not be lit on days of Total Fire Ban. For more information about Total Fire Bans visit the CFA website.
14 Nov 2013
During National Recycling Week, 11-17 November, Parks Victoria is highlighting the increasing use of recycling in its parks. A great example is the new play space being built at Brimbank Park which features a number of recycling aspects. In particular, the hundreds of special brick pavers that that were individually…