Grampians National Park
Change of conditionsAdd change of condition
- There is currently no water available from the stand-alone taps in Plantation Campground until further notice. Non-potable water may still be available from the rainwater tanks attached to the toilets, however, this is a finite supply, so please use sparingly. at Plantation Campground, Wednesday 13 December, 2017
- Grampians Road Report at Grampians National Park, Friday 8 December, 2017
- Fyans Creek Loop will be closed between Brambuk - the National Park and Cultural Centre and Tandara Road from 27 November - 16 December for walking track repair works. During this period walkers must use Tandara Road and the Halls Gap Bike Path as an alternative. Refer to map for more details. at Grampians National Park, Friday 24 November, 2017
- View the Grampians National Park Access Update for a list and map of visitor sites, walking tracks and roads currently closed to the public. at Grampians National Park, Friday 3 November, 2017
- The Chatauqua Peak walking track, between Clematis Falls and the peaks saddle track junction, will be closed from Monday 23 October 2017 to early March 2018 to allow for essential Grampians Peaks Trail works. During this period, Chatauqua Peak will remain open via the Bullaces Glen walking track. Works include track upgrades, installation of new drainage, new rock steps and a dry stone wall. at Grampians Peaks Trail, Monday 16 October, 2017
- The Major Mitchell Plateau is closed between Mt William Summit and Jimmy Creek Campground until 20 December 2017 to facilitate extensive walking track work on the Grampians Peaks Trail. Jimmy Creek Campground remains open during this time. This closure affects First Wannon Hiker Camp and all access for day and overnight bushwalkers. at Major Mitchell Plateau, Friday 15 September, 2017
- Established:December 1984
Rising abruptly from the surrounding Western Plains, the Grampians (Gariwerd) is a series of rugged sandstone mountain ranges and forests rich in wildlife. One of Victoria’s most popular holiday destinations, the park is a great venue for camping, climbing, scenic drives, bushwalks and nature study.
A network of walking tracks throughout the park allows you to explore cascading waterfalls, brilliant spring wildflower displays, and panoramic views from lookouts.
Drive to Reeds and Boroka lookouts for spectacular views or visit the magnificent Fish Falls. The area has a rich Aboriginal heritage and a number of important rock art sites.
Brambuk the National Park and Cultural Centre
The key to gaining the most updated information for your holiday to the Grampians is to visit Brambuk the National Park and Cultural Centre. Here you can discover more about the parks fascinating natural and cultural landscape.
Chat to information staff about the many recreational opportunities available, visit the spectacular Gariwerd dreaming theatre, explore interpretive displays or relax in the bush tucker café. Cultural Rangers will be able to take you on a bush tucker walk or rock art tour, or you can try your hand at traditional Aboriginal painting methods.
Located just south of the Halls Gap township, the centre is open daily from 9am – 5pm except on Christmas day, or you can call (03) 5361 4000.
Aboriginal Traditional Owners
Parks Victoria acknowledges the Aboriginal Traditional Owners of Victoria - including its parks and reserves. Through their cultural traditions, Aboriginal people maintain their connection to their ancestral lands and waters. Further information is available from Aboriginal Affairs Victoria AAV and Native Title Services Victoria
There are no upcoming events at this location.See What's On elsewhere. List an event Plan an event
Popular things to do
Camping There are a variety of campgrounds located in beautiful forest surrounds. All campgrounds have basic amenities including pit toilets, fireplaces…
Picnic areas and day visits This park is famous for its variety of walks, from a leisurely waterfall stroll to a challenging hike revealing grand…
Reeds Lookout & The Balconies Reeds Lookout Great views overlooking the Victoria Valley. Follow the path around the gate and along the sealed road to…