Safety and regulations Park Subotopic Layout
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-1e10-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
- All the plants and animals in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it.
- Do not feed native wildlife.
- Bins are not provided. Please take your rubbish with you.
- Firearms are not permitted.
- Light fires only in the fireplaces provided or use a portable gas or fuel stove.
- Keep to designated tracks.
- Dogs and other pets are not allowed in the park except in vehicles on sealed roads and in sealed car parks.
- Be self-sufficient with drinking water. Carry it in and/or know how to make untreated water safe for drinking. For more information read Water - make it safe to drink, contact Parks Victoria on 13 1963 or visit the Department of Human Services Better Health website.
- If you are planning an extended walk, tell someone where you are going and when you aim to be back. Trip intentions can be registered at Brambuk – The National Park and Cultural Centre.
- Carry appropriate gear, food and water
- Rapid changes of temperature can occur. Be prepared for hot and cold weather.
- Take care at lookouts above cliffs and steep slopes.
- This park has been assessed to have a high level of bushfire risk and will be closed for public safety on days of Code Red Fire Danger Rating.
- On days of Code Red Fire Danger parks and forests are not safe places to be. For your own safety, do not enter parks or forests and if you are already there you should leave the night before or early in the morning .
- For more information on the location of parks within Bureau of Meteorology forecast districts and closures on days of forecast Code Red Fire Danger Rating, click here.
- Fires (including barbecues) must not be lit on days of Total Fire Ban. For more information about Total Fire Bans visit the CFA website.
29 Nov 2013
The Spring 2013 Firewood Collection Season will close across Victoria this weekend (Saturday 30/11/13). Department of Environment and Primary Industries (DEPI) Statewide Land and Fire Coordinator Rob Price said: "We want to remind people that, from the 1st of December 2013, all designated firewood collection areas will be closed over…