Sheltered in open woodland beside Billimina Creek, the campground has non-flush toilets, shared fireplaces and picnic tables. Fires may lit only in the fireplaces provided.
You are hereHome > Find > Parks map search > Grampians National Park > Things to do > Buandik Campground
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-1e10-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
Sheltered in open woodland beside Billimina Creek, the campground has non-flush toilets, shared fireplaces and picnic tables. Fires may lit only in the fireplaces provided. No drinking water is provided however a limited water supply is available for dish washing and sanitary requirements.
There are four sites are suitable for camper trailers and caravans. All remaining sites are for tent based camping only and are suitable for large tents, with adjacent vehicle parking.
Sites are unpowered and will accommodate up to six people and one vehicle.
Advance bookings and payment are required year round.
Buandik Campground is located in the south-west of the Grampians, at the base of the Victoria Range, and is best accessed via Billywing Road which is unsealed but suitable for two wheel drive vehicles.
- Light fires only in the fireplaces provided or use a portable gas or fuel stove.
- Ensure fires are never left unattended and are completely out before you leave.
- During Summer and Autumn Total Fire Bans are common; this means no fires are to be lit including portable cooking appliances.
- Always check for Total Fire Bans (1800 240 667) and fire conditions prior to your walk and carry a small radio or mobile phone.
- Stay on track - prevent trampling.
- Use a fuel stove - it’s better for the bush.
- Carry it in, carry it out; don’t bury or burn it.
- Leave hike-in campsites as you find them.
- Carry out human waste where possible, otherwise bury human waste 15 cm deep, 100m from water and campsites.
- If you are planning an extended walk from this campsite, tell someone where you are going and when you aim to be back. Trip intentions can be registered at Brambuk – The National Park and Cultural Centre.
- Grampians National Park - Campground maps (PDF 1.0 MB)
- Grampians National Park - Camping fact sheet (PDF 543.4 KB)
Important information on revised fee structures for camping in Victoria’s parks and reserves, effective from 1 July 2014.