The campground is in a tranquil forest setting near the creek, it has non-flush toilets, shared fireplaces and picnic tables. Fires may be lit only
You are hereHome > Find > Parks map search > Grampians National Park > Things to do > Jimmy Creek Campground
Jimmy Creek Campground
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-1e10-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
The campground is in a tranquil forest setting near the creek, it has non-flush toilets, shared fireplaces and picnic tables. Fires may be lit only in the fireplaces provided. No drinking water is provided, however a limited water supply is available for dish washing and sanitary requirements. A bush shower is located at the campground.
Jimmy Creek Campground has 21 individual sites. There are site suitable for caravans, camper trailers and tents with adjacent vehicle parking. Sites are unpowered and will accommodate up to six people and one vehicle.
Advance bookings and payment are required year round.
Jimmy Creek Campground is located in the southern Grampians and is accessed via the Grampians Tourist Road which sealed and suitable for all vehicles.
- Light fires only in the fireplaces provided or use a portable gas or fuel stove.
- Ensure fires are never left unattended and are completely out before you leave.
- During Summer and Autumn Total Fire Bans are common; this means no fires are to be lit including portable cooking appliances.
- Always check for Total Fire Bans (1800 240 667) and fire conditions prior to your walk and carry a small radio or mobile phone.
- Stay on track - prevent trampling.
- Use a fuel stove - it’s better for the bush.
- Carry it in, carry it out; don’t bury or burn it.
- Leave hike-in campsites as you find them.
- Carry out human waste where possible, otherwise bury human waste 15 cm deep, 100m from water and campsites.
- If you are planning an extended walk from this campground, tell someone where you are going and when you aim to be back. Trip intentions must be registered at Brambuk – The National Park and Cultural Centre before undertaking this hike. For further information contact Brambuk on (03) 5361 4005.
- Grampians National Park - Campground maps (PDF 1.0 MB)
- Grampians National Park - Camping fact sheet (PDF 426.3 KB)
Important information on revised fee structures for camping in Victoria’s parks and reserves, effective from 1 July 2014.
- Grampians National Park - Park note (PDF 3.8 MB)