Smiths Mill Campground is positioned within heath woodland at the site of an old sawmill. It is centrally located a kilometre from Mackenzie Falls, and
You are hereHome > Find > Parks map search > Grampians National Park > Things to do > Smiths Mill Campground
Smiths Mill Campground
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-1e10-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
Smiths Mill Campground is positioned within heath woodland at the site of an old sawmill. It is centrally located a kilometre from Mackenzie Falls, and only a short drive to Boroka Lookout, Reed Lookout and Zumsteins Picnic Area.
18km west of Halls Gap on Old Mill Road; these access roads are both sealed and unsealed and suitable for two wheel drive vehicles.
Advance bookings and payment are required year round. Bookings are for designated sites and are charged per campsite.
There are 28 sites suitable for tent-based camping with adjacent vehicle parking and 5 drive-in sites suitable for camper-trailers, caravans and campervans. Each site at Smiths Mill Campground accommodates a maximum of 6 people. Sites are unpowered.
Non-flush toilets, bush shower, shared fireplaces and shared picnic tables.
No drinking water supplied; limited non-potable water may be available from a seasonal rainwater tank and a river-fed campground taps.
Only allowed in designated fireplaces - supply your own wood.
There is no rubbish collection at this campground, please take all rubbish with you.
- Light fires only in the fireplaces provided or use a portable camping stove instead
- Ensure fires are never left unattended and are completely out before you leave
- During summer and autumn Total Fire Bans are common - this means no open fires can be lit
- For information on Total Fire Bans call the Victorian Bushfire Information Line on 1800 240 667
- Grampians National Park - Camping fact sheet (PDF 160.3 KB)
Important information on revised fee structures for camping in Victoria’s parks and reserves, effective from 1 July 2014.
- Grampians National Park - Park note (PDF 3.8 MB)