Strachans Campground is set beside the headwaters of the Glenelg River, on the site of a former timber mill. The campground has a non-flush toilet
You are hereHome > Find > Parks map search > Grampians National Park > Things to do > Strachans Campground
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-1e10-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
Strachans Campground is set beside the headwaters of the Glenelg River, on the site of a former timber mill. The campground has a non-flush toilet and shared fireplaces and picnic tables. No drinking water is provided and a limited water supply is available for dish washing and sanitary requirements.
Strachans Campground has eight sites suitable for camping in tents only, with adjacent vehicle parking. The campsite is not suitable for camper trailers or caravans. Sites are unpowered and will accommodate up to six people and one vehicle.
Advance bookings and payment are required year round.
Strachans Campground is located in the south-west of the Grampians and is best accessed via Glenelg River Road which is unsealed but suitable for two wheel drive vehicles.
- Light fires only in the fireplaces provided or use a portable gas or fuel stove.
- Ensure fires are never left unattended and are completely out before you leave.
- During Summer and Autumn Total Fire Bans are common; this means no fires are to be lit including portable cooking appliances.
- Always check for Total Fire Bans (1800 240 667) and fire conditions prior to your walk and carry a small radio or mobile phone.
- Stay on track - prevent trampling.
- Use a fuel stove - it’s better for the bush.
- Carry it in, carry it out; don’t bury or burn it.
- Leave hike-in campsites as you find them.
- Carry out human waste where possible, otherwise bury human waste 15 cm deep, 100m from water and campsites.
- If you are planning an extended walk from this campsite, tell someone where you are going and when you aim to be back. Trip intentions can be registered at Brambuk – The National Park and Cultural Centre.