Safety and regulations
Change of conditionsAdd change of condition
No change of conditions applyView all changed conditions for Great Otway National Park
- All the plants and animals in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it.
- Bins are not provided. Please take your rubbish with you.
- Light fires only in the fireplaces provided. Learn more about campfire safety.
- Firearms are not permitted.
- Clean up at designated Phytopthora hygiene stations
- Bring your own firewood to the park.
- Keep to designated tracks.
- Dogs are permitted in some areas of the park where sign posted. Refer to the Park Note for further information.
- Be self-sufficient with drinking water. Carry it in and/or know how to make untreated water safe for drinking. For more information read Water - make it safe to drink, contact Parks Victoria on 13 1963 or visit the Better Health Channel.
- Before setting off on long walks, leave your details at the park office.
- Wear strong shoes and appropriate clothing, and take water and food if you are planning a longer walk.
- This park has been assessed to have a high level of bushfire risk and will be closed for public safety on days of Code Red Fire Danger Rating.
- On days of Code Red Fire Danger parks and forests are not safe places to be. For your own safety, do not enter parks or forests and if you are already there you should leave the night before or early in the morning.
- For more information on the location of parks within Bureau of Meteorology forecast districts and closures on days of forecast Code Red Fire Danger Rating, click here.
- Fires (including barbecues) must not be lit on days of Total Fire Ban. For more information about Total Fire Bans visit the CFA website.
Parks Victoria is working in conjunction with other State and Federal Government agencies to control Cinnamon Fungus and you can help too. Help stop the rot.