Accessibility Park Subotopic Layout
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-2248-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
- A flat gravel path links the toilet, car park and Visitor Centre at Hattah-Kulkyne National Park.
- The building is easily accessed.
- There is an accessible toilet facility at one end of the car park.
Lake Hattah Picnic Area and Campground
- Lake Hattah picnic area offers shelter, and is reached by a pedestrian path.
- A pit toilet with good access features is nearby.
- The camping area lacks defined paths and an accessible toilet.
- Sandy soils restrict the accessibility of most park tracks.
- There is a 6km nature drive (or walk) around Lake Hattah, with a numbered information sheet available at the start. Summers can be very hot - it is best to visit in autumn, winter or spring.
Lake Mournpall Campground
- A good stopping point on the Mournpall Track scenic drive. Facilities are reasonable, and water is available.
- The sandy ground and vegetation debris decrease the overall accessibility of the site.
27 Nov 2013
Walking tracks in the Mt Samaria State Park are receiving some care and attention thanks to some very active and enthusiastic members of the Benalla Bush Walking Club. Benalla Bushwalking Club volunteers have been assisting Parks Victoria rangers to clear sections of the various walking tracks using hand tools! The…