Hepburn Regional Park
Change of conditionsAdd change of condition
- Planned burning operations are scheduled in this park which will result in Dry Diggings Track, Ridge Way, and Mannings Road being closed from the time of ignition until the area is declared safe. Ignition of the burn is scheduled from Friday 20 April 2018 and is subject to favourable weather. Check the status of current planned burns at www.vic.gov.au/plannedburns at Hepburn Regional Park, Friday 20 April, 2018
- The following mineral springs are temporarily closed due to poor water quality: Tipperary Spring (pit), Golden Spring, Sailors Falls (lower hand pump). at Hepburn Regional Park, Friday 13 April, 2018
- The Tipperary Mineral Spring (hand pump) is temporarily closed. It is currently out of order due to ongoing mechanical difficulties. at Hepburn Regional Park, Thursday 5 April, 2018
- The Blowhole Historic Area is closed due to extensive flood damage. The car park remains open, providing access to the Goldfields Track. Find out more. at The Blowhole, Monday 24 July, 2017
- The footbridge at Twin Bridges (Sailors Creek), and the walking trail from Twin Bridges to Tipperary Springs (west side of Sailors Creek) are closed until further notice due to flood damage. at Hepburn Regional Park, Monday 24 July, 2017
- Established:March 1979
The park is located around the famous mineral springs townships of Daylesford, Hepburn and Hepburn Springs. Here you will find natural mineral springs and relics of the gold mining era set in delightful bush surroundings.
The sheltered extinct volcanic crater of Mount Franklin provides ideal surroundings for a picnic or short term camping. Panoramic views can be obtained from the summit and there is a scenic walking track along the rim of the crater.
Park map on mobile devices
PDF maps of this park are available to download for Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. These interactive maps allow you to see an overview of visitor facilities, calculate distances, see walking tracks, and (with sufficient mobile signal) locate yourself within the park. To download these maps, you must first install the free Avenza PDF Maps application.
If you don’t have a mobile Apple device, these PDF maps are also available for download under the ‘Related publications’ section below.
Aboriginal Traditional Owners
Parks Victoria acknowledges the Aboriginal Traditional Owners of Victoria - including its parks and reserves. Through their cultural traditions, Aboriginal people maintain their connection to their ancestral lands and waters. Further information is available from Aboriginal Affairs Victoria AAV and Native Title Services Victoria
There are no upcoming events at this location.See What's On elsewhere. List an event Plan an event
Popular things to do
Mt Franklin Reserve Mt Franklin is a small volcanic crater that offers ideal place for a picnic or basic camping set amongst plantings…
The Blowhole This artificial diversion tunnel on Sailors Creek was built by gold miners around the early 1870s. A tunnel through the…
Fossicking Panning for gold along Sailors Creek is a popular pastime in the park. All adults must hold a current Miners…