You are here
Safety and regulations
Change of conditionsAdd change of condition
No change of conditions applyView all changed conditions for Karkarook Park
- All the plants and animals in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it.
- Bins are not provided. Please take your rubbish with you.
- Do not feed the wildlife.
- Swimming, diving and windsurfing in the lake is not permitted.
- Power boats and motorised model boats are not permitted.
- Fishing is permitted in designated zones. Please check the sign at the park.
- Unless in a designated off-leash area, dogs must be controlled on a leash at all times.
- In the off-leash area, dogs must be under effective voice control at all times.
- Clean up after your dog and dispose of the waste in a park bin.
- Emergency markers points are located in this park to help pinpoint your exact location in the case of an emergency. In an emergency call 000 and quote the emergency marker code. Further information about emergency markers is available here.
- Parks Victoria cannot guarantee the quality of water in the lake so please adhere to all specified guidelines.
- This park has been assessed to have a high level of bushfire risk and will be closed for public safety on days of Code Red Fire Danger Rating.
- On days of Code Red Fire Danger parks and forests are not safe places to be. For your own safety, do not enter parks or forests and if you are already there you should leave the night before or early in the morning.
- For more information on the location of parks within Bureau of Meteorology forecast districts and closures on days of forecast Code Red Fire Danger Rating, click here.
- Fires (including barbecues) must not be lit on days of Total Fire Ban. For more information about Total Fire Bans visit the CFA website.