You are here
Safety and regulations
Change of conditionsAdd change of condition
No change of conditions applyView all changed conditions for Lake Eildon National Park
- All the plants and animals in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it.
- Bins are not provided. Please take your rubbish with you.
- Light fires only in the fireplaces provided. Learn more about campfire safety.
- Firearms are only permitted in the park according to hunting regulations. Please refer to the hunting page.
- Vehicles and motorbikes may be used only on roads open to public vehicles. All vehicles must be registered and drivers licensed.
- Dogs are permitted only in the Jerusalem Creek Camping Area. Dogs and other pets are not allowed in any other areas of the park.
- Avoid resting, picnics or camping under or close to trees. They may drop heavy branches at any time without warning. Find out more about how to avoid tree risks here.
- This park has been assessed to have a high level of bushfire risk and will be closed for public safety on days of Code Red Fire Danger Rating. Only the sections of this park that are within the relevant BoM district will be closed.
- For more information on the location of parks within Bureau of Meteorology forecast districts and closures on days of forecast Code Red Fire Danger Rating, click here.
- Fires (including barbecues) must not be lit on days of Total Fire Ban. For more information about Total Fire Bans visit the CFA website.