You are here
Safety and regulations
Change of conditionsAdd change of condition View all changed conditions for Lake Tyers State Park
- All the plants and animals in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it.
- Bins are not provided. Please take your rubbish with you.
- Firearms are not permitted.
- Toilet waste must be buried to a depth of at least 15cm and at least 100m away from waterways.
- Campfires must be contained in a pit at least 30cm deep, be no larger than 1 metre square, have a 3 metre clearance and never be left unattended. Learn more about campfire safety.
- Where possible, use a portable gas stove.
- Do not cut any standing timber.
- Generators and chainsaws are not permitted.
- Dogs must be controlled on a leash at all times. Clean up after your dog.
- This park has been assessed to have a high level of bushfire risk and will be closed for public safety on days of Code Red Fire Danger Rating.
- On days of Code Red Fire Danger parks and forests are not safe places to be. For your own safety, do not enter parks or forests and if you are already there you should leave the night before or early in the morning.
- For more information on the location of parks within Bureau of Meteorology forecast districts and closures on days of forecast Code Red Fire Danger Rating, click here.
- Fires (including barbecues) must not be lit on days of Total Fire Ban. For more information about Total Fire Bans visit the CFA website.
Parks Victoria is working in conjunction with other State and Federal Government agencies to control Cinnamon Fungus and you can help too. Help stop the rot.