Take a canoe along the river. The Glenelg River is a safe course for canoe trips. Canoes can be hired from Nelson and Dartmoor/Winnap …
You are hereHome > Explore > Parks map search > Lower Glenelg National Park > Things to do > Canoeing
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-2263-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- The Glenelg River is open to water craft. However, visitors are asked not to land in the fire affected area at Wild Dog Bend or Pines Landing.
Wednesday 17 April, 2013 |
Take a canoe along the river. The Glenelg River is a safe course for canoe trips.
Canoes can be hired from Nelson and Dartmoor/Winnap and taken either upstream or downstream.
Camps are available at Dartmoor, Pines Landing, Moleside Landing, Skipworth Springs, Georges Rest, Forest Camp North, Bowds, Patterson Canoe Camp and Lasletts.
If you are planning an overnight canoe trip bookings can be made online at www.parkstay.vic.gov.au/accom_rates/glenelg-river-canoe-trail or at the Nelson Visitor Information Centre on (08) 8738 4051.
Dartmoor to Nelson
Allow about four days to complete the canoeing trip from Dartmoor to Nelson.
If you are travelling downstream, the last day of canoeing can be affected by incoming tides and winds, which may
- Notify the park office of your intended trip
- Know your group's abilities and plan stages accordingly - choose sensible daily distances
- Do not canoe alone
- Ensure that all participants can swim and are wearing life jackets
- Do not overload your canoe
- If you do capsize, pull the canoe into the bank
- Do not mix alcohol and canoeing
08 May 2013
Parks Victoria is undertaking fuel reduction works along Arthurs Seat Road over the next few weeks including the manual removal of woody weeds such as Boneseed, Sweet Pittosporum and Sallow Wattle across parts of the northern face of Arthurs Seat. The fuel reduction works form part of Parks Victoria’s …