This camping area is set in a secluded bush setting with spectacular views of the surrounding countryside, creek flats, waterfalls and steep escarpments. Access The
Ferntree Camping Area
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-1f08-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
This camping area is set in a secluded bush setting with spectacular views of the surrounding countryside, creek flats, waterfalls and steep escarpments.
The park is located between Ararat and Beaufort on the Western Highway, Route A8. Take Ferntree Gully Road off the Western Highway. The camping areas are located just inside the park entrance.
Advance bookings and payment are required year round. Bookings are for designated sites and are charged per campsite.
There are 5 campsites suitable for tents only. Each site is small and in a secluded bush setting. Each site holds a maximum of 6 people.
Fireplaces and picnic tables are provided for each campsite. Non-flush toilets are located in the adjacent day visitor area.
No drinking water supplied – supply your own.
Only allowed in designated fireplaces - supply your own wood.
There is no rubbish collection at this campground, please take all rubbish with you.
- Light fires only in the fireplaces provided or use a portable camping stove instead
- Ensure fires are never left unattended and are completely out before you leave
- During summer and autumn Total Fire Bans are common - this means no open fires can be lit
- For information on Total Fire Bans call the Victorian Bushfire Information Line on 1800 240 667
The Waterfalls Nature Walk
This scenic short walk is suitable for most people. It begins from Ferntree camping area and leads to the Ferntree Waterfalls and the upper sections of Middle Creek.
- Mount Buangor State Park - Camping fact sheet (PDF 592.2 KB)
Important information on revised fee structures for camping in Victoria’s parks and reserves, effective from 1 July 2014.