Cresta Valley has three groomed ski trails plus a large untracked/unmarked area for the more adventurous and well prepared. Cresta Valley has portable toilets and
Cross country skiing
Change of conditionsAdd change of condition
No change of conditions applyView all changed conditions for Mount Buffalo National Park
Cresta Valley has three groomed ski trails plus a large untracked/unmarked area for the more adventurous and well prepared.
Cresta Valley has portable toilets and a small carpark area, with additional parking available along the road. Ranger staff patrol the area during the day but are not guaranteed to be there at all times. Telstra is the only mobile phone service provider on the mountain. Upgraded phone communications are planned for this site, as Cresta is a known mobile phone black-spot.
- The Horn Road is a wide and easy trail at 2.5km long, perfect for beginners, and leads skiers to the Horn, the pinnacle of Mt Buffalo.
- The Bogong Loop meanders out across the plains to the east of the carpark and is approximately 1km long.
- The Beginners Loop follows the old service road at Cresta Valley, and at approximately 500 metres, is great for the first timer on skis.
- There is a 4km long ungroomed trail marked with orange poles that heads out through the Giants Playground and back through the Valley of the Gods.
- The Mt Buffalo plateau offers a blank canvas of opportunities for those wishing to explore on skis. With a packed lunch and appropriate safety gear you can have a great day of skiing and exploring.