You are hereHome > Explore > Parks map search > National Water Sports Centre > Safety and regulations
Safety and regulations Park Subotopic Layout
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-1dd8-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
- The National Water Sports Centre is a popular boating channel and can sometimes be crowded and hazardous to navigate.
- As an inland water course normal boating regulations under the Marine Act 1988 apply however speeds of over 5 knots are legal within this water way due to an exemption under the Marine Act 1988.
- During high speed powerboat events patrons must stay behind on-course fences.
- The underpass of the Mornington Peninsula Freeway is subject to flooding. Patrons using the centre should be aware of floating debris which are often experienced after heavy rain events.
- The centre will be closed if conditions are deemed unsafe.
30 Apr 2013
Some roads and tracks in Victoria’s forests and parks are about to be temporarily closed for winter and spring from tomorrow (1 May 2013). The Department of Environment and Primary Industries (DEPI) and Parks Victoria run the seasonal road closure program to ensure driver safety as well as protect forest and …