Safety and regulations
Change of conditionsAdd change of condition View all changed conditions for National Water Sports Centre
The National Water Sports Centre is a popular boating channel and can sometimes be crowded and hazardous to navigate.
The National Water Sports Centre Safe Boating fact file outlines rules of use to ensure public safety and reduce risk to the environment.
Key points to note:
- As an inland water course normal boating regulations under the Marine Safety Act 2010 apply. However, speeds of greater than 5 knots are legal within the water course.
- During high speed powerboat events patrons must stay behind on-course fences.
- The underpass of the Mornington Peninsula Freeway is subject to flooding.
- Patrons using the centre should be aware of floating debris which is often experienced after heavy rain events.
- The centre will be closed if conditions are deemed unsafe.