Each year, the Point Cook Coastal Park and Cheetham Wetlands host thousands of migratory birds from as far away as Siberia and Japan. Birds travel to this area to escape…
Accessibility Park Subotopic Layout
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-1dda-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
Beach recreation area
- The beach recreation area at Point Cook Coastal Park is serviced by a sealed parking area, and has wide pedestrian paths over flat ground.
- There is beach access, and also a coastal walk. Hard surfaced trails allow wheelchair access from the beach car park to the picnic grounds and the edge of the beach.
- Disabled toilets and parking spaces are available at the beach car parks. The designated accessible toilet does not meet all current access standards, but is generally of a good standard.
- The homestead includes a functions building with an accessible entry and spacious interior.
- Paths are unsealed and can be poorly defined around this site.
- Steps restrict access within the homestead building.
The Spectacle Lake bird hide is accessible by wheelchair.
A detailed assessment of accessibility was completed in 2012 of the areas above, as well as the Cheetham Wetlands. For photos and information regarding their accessibility, click on the links below.
The beach picnic area at Point Cook Coastal Park is the perfect place for a family picnic. Facilities include free gas barbecues, picnic tables, shade shelters, a children’s playground and…
Cheetham Wetlands, consisting of salt marshes and natural and artificial lagoons of Skeleton Creek, are a natural bird haven. The landscape contrasts with the rest of the park with distant…
Accessibility Information Cafe There is a cafe in the grounds of the homestead. The entry is level and wide. There are movable chairs inside the cafe. The tables outside are…
Accessibility InformationThe Point Cook Airfield is used by both civilian operators and the RAAF. There are two carparks on the main entry road to the park that overlook RAAF Lake…
Showing 1 - 5 of 5