Safety and regulations Park Subotopic Layout
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-1ee4-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
- All the plants, animals, historic artefacts and geological features in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it.
- Bins are not provided. Please take your rubbish with you.
- Light fires only in the fireplaces provided. Learn more about campfire safety.
- Collect only dead wood from the ground for campfires .
- Firearms are not permitted.
- Vehicles and motorbikes may be used only on roads open to public vehicles. All vehicles must be registered and drivers licensed.
- Please respect private property. There are several residences in Steiglitz and private land around Steiglitz Historic Park.
- Dogs must be controlled on a leash at all times.
- Be self-sufficient with drinking water. Carry it in and/or know how to make untreated water safe for drinking. For more information read Water - make it safe to drink, contact Parks Victoria on 13 1963 or visit the Department of Human Services Better Health website.
- Keep to designated tracks as there are mine shafts and tunnels in the park.
- This park has been assessed to have a high level of bushfire risk and will be closed for public safety on days of Code Red Fire Danger Rating.
- On days of Code Red Fire Danger parks and forests are not safe places to be. For your own safety, do not enter parks or forests and if you are already there you should leave the night before or early in the morning .
- For more information on the location of parks within Bureau of Meteorology forecast districts and closures on days of forecast Code Red Fire Danger Rating, click here.
- Fires (including barbecues) must not be lit on days of Total Fire Ban. For more information about Total Fire Bans visit the CFA website.
10 May 2013
Parks Victoria is saying a special thank you to its many volunteer groups across the state as part of National Volunteer Week, which runs from 13-19 May 2013. At Ricketts Point Marine Sanctuary the Marine Care Ricketts Point (MCRP) friends group works hard to help protect and preserve the natural environment …