You are here
Safety and regulations
Change of conditionsAdd change of condition View all changed conditions for Sugarloaf Reservoir Park
- All the plants and animals in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it.
- Bins are not provided. Please take your rubbish with you.
- Keep to designated tracks.
- Solid fuel stoves are not permitted. Use a portable gas stove instead.
- Sailboards, canoes, kayaks, keel boats and/or craft with cabins, cooking or toilet facilities are not permitted.
- Shore fishing is permitted only in designated areas during park hours. Please make sure you have a Victorian Recreational Fishing Licence.
- Do not use burley or clean fish in the reservoir. Take fish entrails and unwanted fish with you.
- Swimming is not permitted.
- Dogs and other pets are not permitted.
- Emergency markers points are located in this park to help pinpoint your exact location in the case of an emergency. In an emergency call 000 and quote the emergency marker code. Further information about emergency markers is available here.
- Contact the ranger on (03) 9844 2659 if you intend to undertake the 18km main Sugarloaf walking track.
- This park has been assessed to have a high level of bushfire risk and will be closed for public safety on days of Code Red Fire Danger Rating.
- On days of Code Red Fire Danger parks and forests are not safe places to be. For your own safety, do not enter parks or forests and if you are already there you should leave the night before or early in the morning.
- For more information on the location of parks within Bureau of Meteorology forecast districts and closures on days of forecast Code Red Fire Danger Rating, click here.
- Fires (including barbecues) must not be lit on days of Total Fire Ban. For more information about Total Fire Bans visit the CFA website.