You are hereHome > Explore > Parks map search > Upper Yarra Reservoir Park > Safety and regulations
Safety and regulations Park Subotopic Layout
Loading maphttp://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/scripts/mapping/getlocationinfo http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-photo-url http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/_design/ajax-requested-content/get-add-your-video-urla3411076-20cc-766c-e040-a8c0ac642022
Change of conditions
- No change of conditions apply
- All the plants and animals in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it.
- Bins are not provided. Please take your rubbish with you.
- Light fires only in the fireplaces provided. Learn more about campfire safety.
- Firearms are not permitted.
- There are strict catchment controls to ensure water is protected and water yield is maintained. These controls prohibit public entry to some areas.
- Campers should comply with signs which indicate areas where entry is not permitted.
- Fishing is not permitted in the reservoir or aqueduct.
- There is no entry into the forested catchment areas.
- Dogs must be controlled on a leash at all times.
- Dogs are not permitted on the forested walking tracks.
- Be self-sufficient with drinking water. Carry it in and/or know how to make untreated water safe for drinking. For more information read Water - make it safe to drink, contact Parks Victoria on 13 1963 or visit the Department of Human Services Better Health website.
- Emergency markers points are located in this park to help pinpoint your exact location in the case of an emergency. In an emergency call 000 and quote the emergency marker code. Further information about emergency markers is available here.
- This park has been assessed to have a high level of bushfire risk and will be closed for public safety on days of Code Red Fire Danger Rating.
- On days of Code Red Fire Danger parks and forests are not safe places to be. For your own safety, do not enter parks or forests and if you are already there you should leave the night before or early in the morning .
- For more information on the location of parks within Bureau of Meteorology forecast districts and closures on days of forecast Code Red Fire Danger Rating, click here.
- Fires (including barbecues) must not be lit on days of Total Fire Ban. For more information about Total Fire Bans visit the CFA website.
31 Jan 2014
William Ricketts Sanctuary will close from Monday 3 February to Friday 7 February 2014 to enable a team of arborists to undertake critical tree maintenance within the park. “A large Mountain Ash tree has been assessed by arborists as part of our regular monitoring of the trees and was found…