You are here
Safety and regulations
Change of conditionsAdd change of condition View all changed conditions for Warrandyte State Park
- All the plants, animals, historic artefacts and geological features in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it.
- Bins are not provided. Please take your rubbish with you.
- Light fires only in the fireplaces provided. Learn more about campfire safety.
- Collect only dead wood from the ground for campfires .
- Firearms are not permitted.
- Horse riding is permitted only on designated tracks.
- Keep to designated tracks.
Dogs are not permitted in most areas of the park. There are three areas where dogs are permitted on lead:
- Norman Reserve
- Taroona Reserve
- Koornong Reserve
- Keep to designated tracks as there are mine shafts and tunnels in the park.
- Tracks in Whipstick Gully are steep and can get slippery in wet weather.
- This park has been assessed to have a high level of bushfire risk and will be closed for public safety on days of Code Red Fire Danger Rating.
- On days of Code Red Fire Danger parks and forests are not safe places to be. For your own safety, do not enter parks or forests and if you are already there you should leave the night before or early in the morning.
- For more information on the location of parks within Bureau of Meteorology forecast districts and closures on days of forecast Code Red Fire Danger Rating, click here.
- Fires (including barbecues) must not be lit on days of Total Fire Ban. For more information about Total Fire Bans visit the CFA website.