You are here
Safety and regulations
- All the plants, animals, historic artefacts and geological features in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it.
- Bins are not provided. Please take your rubbish with you
- Vehicles and motorbikes may be used only on roads open to public vehicles. All vehicles must be registered and drivers licensed.
- No campfires or barbecues are permitted.
- Dogs must be controlled on a leash at all times. Clean up after your dog.
- Keep to designated tracks as there are mine shafts and tunnels in the park. When walking on roads, be mindful of approaching vehicles.
- When driving through the park on formed council roads, please be aware of park users and wildlife.
- Do not approach or handle wildlife, and take care at dawn and dusk when walking through the park as wildlife will be active.
- Mobile phones may not be in network range in some areas of the park.
- On days of Code Red Fire Danger parks and forests are not safe places to be. For your own safety, do not enter parks or forests and if you are already there you should leave the night before or early in the morning.
- For more information on the location of parks within Bureau of Meteorology forecast districts and closures on days of forecast Code Red Fire Danger Rating, click here.