You are here
Safety and regulations
Change of conditionsAdd change of condition View all changed conditions for Yarra Valley Parklands
- All the plants and animals in the park are protected. Leave the park as you find it.
- Bins are not provided. Please take your rubbish with you.
- Organised events or groups of 100 people or more require a permit from Parks Victoria. Permits detail park regulations and guide appropriate activities.
- Dogs and other pets are not permitted in Candlebark Park, Sweeneys Flat, Pettys Orchard and Longridge Park.
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept on a leash at all times in Birrarrung Park, Yarra Flats and Westerfolds Park
- In Banksia Park dogs are permitted in the park but must be kept on a leash at all times (except within the dog off-leash enclosure).
- Emergency markers points are located in this park to help pinpoint your exact location in the case of an emergency. In an emergency call 000 and quote the emergency marker code. Further information about emergency markers is available here.
- Sweeneys Flat and Longridge Park have been assessed to have a high level of bushfire risk and will be closed for public safety on days of Code Red Fire Danger Rating.
- Banksia Park, Birrarrung Park, Candlebark Park, Yarra Flats, Pettys Orchard and Westerfolds Park have been assessed to have a low level of bushfire risk and will remain open on days of Code Red Fire Danger Rating.
- For more information on the location of parks within Bureau of Meteorology forecast districts and closures on days of forecast Code Red Fire Danger Rating, click here.
- Fires (including barbecues) must not be lit on days of Total Fire Ban. For more information about Total Fire Bans visit the CFA website.