Friends of Werribee Park
The Friends of Werribee Park (FOWP) supports an altruistic environment for volunteers enabling the development of skills and knowledge for individual growth supporting our quest for excellence and optimum effectiveness at Werribee Park. FOWP members are committed to each other and to the best interests of Werribee Park and are valued for their contribution.
The Friends of Werribee Park (FOWP) is constituted to:
- support and assist Werribee Park management and staff in their pursuit of providing a world class tourism venue at Werribee Mansion and surrounds
- assist in the maintenance and development of all facets of Werribee Park
- ensure that the heritage and historic values of Werribee Park are preserved
- ensure that the natural flora and fauna and the developed grounds of Werribee Park are protected and preserved
- provide education and information to the community about the role and importance of Werribee Park to Victoria’s cultural heritage.
For more information from Parks Victoria, contact the Werribee Park Volunteer Liaison Officer, Helen Hopkins on (03) 8734 5171.
Address: 320 K Road, Werribee VIC 3030
Contact: Sue Thompson (Secretary)
08 Jul 2016
A passionate adventurer, who hasn’t let disability stop him from living life to the fullest, is helping Parks Victoria test new equipment that could be used in the future to help others undertake more challenging hikes in National Parks. Campbell Message, who became a paraplegic after a car accident when…
14 Aug 2016 10:00am-3:00pm
Join PrimeSCI!; the LabRats Student Science Club for a day of fun hands on science activities. 'Young scientists' learn to identify and monitor local species of birds, frogs, koalas, ants and freshwater invertebrates. Or hear from researchers from Westernport Biosphere, Platypus Education Group and other presenters in the wetlands observatory.
25 Sep 2016 9:00am-11:00am
Loop track maintenance. Morning tea provided.
25 Sep 2016 10:30am-1:30pm
The historic site will be open to the public as part of the Activities in the Park program supported by the City of Greater Shepparton. Come along to take a tour of the best preserved 19 century flour mill in Victoria and learn more about its history. The mill is…