Friends of Werribee Park
The Friends of Werribee Park (FOWP) supports an altruistic environment for volunteers enabling the development of skills and knowledge for individual growth supporting our quest for excellence and optimum effectiveness at Werribee Park. FOWP members are committed to each other and to the best interests of Werribee Park and are valued for their contribution.
The Friends of Werribee Park (FOWP) is constituted to:
- support and assist Werribee Park management and staff in their pursuit of providing a world class tourism venue at Werribee Mansion and surrounds
- assist in the maintenance and development of all facets of Werribee Park
- ensure that the heritage and historic values of Werribee Park are preserved
- ensure that the natural flora and fauna and the developed grounds of Werribee Park are protected and preserved
- provide education and information to the community about the role and importance of Werribee Park to Victoria’s cultural heritage.
For more information from Parks Victoria, contact the Werribee Park Volunteer Liaison Officer, Helen Hopkins on (03) 8734 5171.
Address: 320 K Road, Werribee VIC 3030
Contact: Sue Thompson (Secretary)
22 Mar 2017
A specialist marine infrastructure contractor will visit Mornington next week with a floating barge and hydraulic crane to remove five of the pier’s 15 tonne storm damaged wave protection panels. P W Johnson Constructions Pty Ltd will remove damaged panels still attached to the pier and recover other panels from…
14 Jan 2017 - 17 Apr 2017
The Herring Island Summer Arts Festival 2017 presents a series of 4 exhibitions, by: Association of Sculptors of Victoria Basketmakers of Victoria Contemporary Art Society of Victoria A4 Art Australia The Gallery on Herring Island will be open every weekend from 14 January through 17 April, including Australia Day holiday…
3 Apr 2017 - 16 Apr 2017
Parks Victoria’s Discovery program encourages children and adults to explore Victoria’s parks with a ranger. Programs include a range of interactive and fun activities. Highlights of the Term One School Holiday Program at the Prom include opportunities to: Meet a modern day lighthouse keeper to discover the history of Wilsons…
3 Apr 2017 3:00pm-4:00pm
This historical tour provides a unique opportunity to view a cave that is rarely open to the public and is part of the same cave system as the Royal and the Fairy show caves. Lit only by solar-powered pathway lights, you are provided with a helmet and headlight to view…