Friends of Werribee Park
The Friends of Werribee Park (FOWP) supports an altruistic environment for volunteers enabling the development of skills and knowledge for individual growth supporting our quest for excellence and optimum effectiveness at Werribee Park. FOWP members are committed to each other and to the best interests of Werribee Park and are valued for their contribution.
The Friends of Werribee Park (FOWP) is constituted to:
- support and assist Werribee Park management and staff in their pursuit of providing a world class tourism venue at Werribee Mansion and surrounds
- assist in the maintenance and development of all facets of Werribee Park
- ensure that the heritage and historic values of Werribee Park are preserved
- ensure that the natural flora and fauna and the developed grounds of Werribee Park are protected and preserved
- provide education and information to the community about the role and importance of Werribee Park to Victoria’s cultural heritage.
For more information from Parks Victoria, contact the Werribee Park Volunteer Liaison Officer, Helen Hopkins on (03) 8734 5171.
Address: 320 K Road, Werribee VIC 3030
Contact: Sue Thompson (Secretary)
31 Jul 2015
This World Ranger Day, Parks Victoria is acknowledging the wonderful rangers who do a huge range of work to look after Victoria’s parks. Vanessa Wiggenraad is a local ranger at Serendip Sanctuary and we asked her a few questions about her role. What is the variety of tasks that you…
1 Jul 2015 12:00am - 30 Jun 2016 12:00am
A wide variety of events are held at Albert Park throughout the year. Events range from fun runs and sporting tournaments to other community events. See the full calendar here.
31 Jul 2015 6:00pm-8:30pm
Round 8 of GMBC Winter NFF 2015 series. MTB trails in use in Kurrajong.
3 Aug 2015 2:00pm-4:00pm
During Wurundjeri Week, Wurundjeri Council will be running various tours on Wurundjeri Country to educate the public on different aspects of Indigenous and Wurundjeri culture. Coranderrk Mission still holds great significance to the Wurundjeri people as well as tribes of the Kulin Nation. Discover how it came about, the people…
4 Aug 2015 10:30am-12:30pm
During Wurundjeri Week, Wurundjeri Council will be running various tours on Wurundjeri Country to educate the public on different aspects of Indigenous and Wurundjeri culture. Facilitated by Uncle Colin Hunter Jnr and starting from the fig tree on Nicholson St Fitzroy (across from top of Gertrude St). Learn about the…