Friends of Werribee Park
The Friends of Werribee Park (FOWP) supports an altruistic environment for volunteers enabling the development of skills and knowledge for individual growth supporting our quest for excellence and optimum effectiveness at Werribee Park. FOWP members are committed to each other and to the best interests of Werribee Park and are valued for their contribution.
The Friends of Werribee Park (FOWP) is constituted to:
- support and assist Werribee Park management and staff in their pursuit of providing a world class tourism venue at Werribee Mansion and surrounds
- assist in the maintenance and development of all facets of Werribee Park
- ensure that the heritage and historic values of Werribee Park are preserved
- ensure that the natural flora and fauna and the developed grounds of Werribee Park are protected and preserved
- provide education and information to the community about the role and importance of Werribee Park to Victoria’s cultural heritage.
For more information from Parks Victoria, contact the Werribee Park Volunteer Liaison Officer, Helen Hopkins on (03) 8734 5171.
Address: 320 K Road, Werribee VIC 3030
Contact: Sue Thompson (Secretary)
31 Dec 2014
Visitors to national parks and state forests during the new year holiday are being urged by the Department of Environment and Primary Industries (DEPI) and Parks Victoria to be extra vigilant with campfire safety ahead of the extreme heat forecast for the weekend. It is important people are aware of…
30 Jan 2015 7:00pm-8:30pm
Fun, low key Mountain Bike racing suitable for beginner racers and juniors (13yrs and over)
31 Jan 2015 8:00am-9:00am
parkrun is free, weekly, 5km timed run that is open to everyone - walkers, runners, families, prams and dogs are all welcome! Westerfolds parkrun occurs every Saturday morning. We're based near the main carpark off the Fitzsimons Lane entrance, and the course is run entirely on sealed paths within the…
6 Feb 2015 7:00pm-11:00pm
Fun, low key Mountain Bike racing suitable for all MTB racers and and special 1 & 2hr events for juniors (12yrs and over). Lights are mandatory for the 2hr & 3hr events.
15 Feb 2015 10:00am-3:00pm
Tour the heritage orchard at Werribee Park, and see how it has improved since its state of neglect five years ago. Watch tree-grafting demonstrations Buy heritage fruit trees Talk to experts in gardening and fruit growing Eat, drink and be merry – the CWA will be preparing food and drinks…