Friends of Westgate Park
The Friends group is made up of enthusiastic people, passionate about Westgate Park and the natural environment.
You can just turn up to our regular work days:
- every Monday and Tuesday - come for as long as you like between 8.30am and 3pm,
- every third Sunday in the month – come anytime from 9am until 4pm, or
- check out our monthly program of activities.
We can tailor the tasks to suit your interests and physical capabilities. These include:
- planting trees, shrubs, climbers, ground covers and wildflowers,
- preparing garden beds for planting by spreading mulch,
- fostering good plant growth by weeding and pruning,
- assisting in our plant nursery with potting and seed ‘cleaning’,
- collecting seeds,
- monitoring water quality in the lakes and lagoons,
- helping record species in our monthly bird surveys.
For further information from Parks Victoria contact Ranger Louis Bell on (03) 9695 9000.
Contact: Tony Flude
Phone: 0400 770 254
27 Apr 2016
Parks Victoria has successfully prosecuted two men in the Echuca Magistrates Court for firewood offences in parks and forests along the Murray River. On Wednesday 20 April, a 30 year old Echuca man, appeared in the Echuca Magistrates Court charged with offences involving the harvesting and possession of firewood in…
1 Jul 2015 12:00am - 30 Jun 2016 12:00am
A wide variety of events are held at Albert Park throughout the year. Events range from fun runs and sporting tournaments to other community events. See the full calendar here.
3 May 2016 6:00pm-8:00pm
You’re invited to attend an information session on work underway to protect the endangered Eastern Barred Bandicoot at Woodlands Historic Park. Talk to staff from Parks Victoria and experts from the Eastern Barred Bandicoot Recovery Team about the reintroduction of Bandicoots into a predator proof enclosure in the park’s ‘Back…
14 May 2016 9:30am - 15 May 2016 12:00am
BirdLife Australia is holding a weekend of events exploring threatened birds of the Murray Mallee and the importance of appropriate fire management in their conservation. On Saturday at an information session at DELWP Mildura, 308 Koorlong Rd, Irymple hear from researchers from La Trobe University, DELWP and BirdLife Australia, then…