Friends of Westgate Park
The Friends group is made up of enthusiastic people, passionate about Westgate Park and the natural environment.
You can just turn up to our regular work days:
- every Monday and Tuesday - come for as long as you like between 8.30am and 3pm,
- every third Sunday in the month – come anytime from 9am until 4pm, or
- check out our monthly program of activities.
We can tailor the tasks to suit your interests and physical capabilities. These include:
- planting trees, shrubs, climbers, ground covers and wildflowers,
- preparing garden beds for planting by spreading mulch,
- fostering good plant growth by weeding and pruning,
- assisting in our plant nursery with potting and seed ‘cleaning’,
- collecting seeds,
- monitoring water quality in the lakes and lagoons,
- helping record species in our monthly bird surveys.
For further information from Parks Victoria contact Ranger Louis Bell on (03) 9695 9000.
Contact: Tony Flude
Phone: 0400 770 254
16 Jan 2017
Talbotville, recently rated as one of the Top 10 Camper trailer/4x4 camping destinations in Australia, is a popular camping area along the iconic Wonnangatta Valley in the Grant Historic Area, near the Alpine National Park. Thanks to the combined efforts of Parks Victoria and the Land Rover Owners Club of…
27 Dec 2016 6:00pm - 28 Jan 2017 11:00pm
A unique outdoor cinema held over a number of nights in December and January set amongst the picturesque grounds adjacent to the historic Commanding Officer’s House. Offering stunning views, delicious food and great movies to enjoy in a relaxed and intimate open air setting, it’s a must do on the…
28 Dec 2016 - 25 Jan 2017
Parks Victoria’s Discovery program encourages children and adults to explore Victoria’s parks with a ranger. Programs run every school holidays across the state and include a range of interactive and fun and interactive activities. Highlights of the Summer Discovery Program at the Prom include opportunities to: Uncover the secrets of…
28 Dec 2016 12:00am - 27 Jan 2017 12:00am
Come along and join in the fun in nature by becoming a junior ranger. Enjoy a rockpool ramble or a beachcombing walk with a ranger who will help you discover the wonders of the deep by uncovering what lies on the shore. Bookings essential.
29 Dec 2016 12:00am - 24 Jan 2017 12:00am
Come along and be part of the fun in nature. There will be ranger guided activities for everyone, including fishing clinics, rock pool rambles, and beachcombing walks, where you will discover what lies beyond the breakers by uncovering what has washed up on the shore. Bookings are essential to guarantee…