Friends of Westgate Park
The Friends group is made up of enthusiastic people, passionate about Westgate Park and the natural environment.
You can just turn up to our regular work days:
- every Monday and Tuesday - come for as long as you like between 8.30am and 3pm,
- every third Sunday in the month – come anytime from 9am until 4pm, or
- check out our monthly program of activities.
We can tailor the tasks to suit your interests and physical capabilities. These include:
- planting trees, shrubs, climbers, ground covers and wildflowers,
- preparing garden beds for planting by spreading mulch,
- fostering good plant growth by weeding and pruning,
- assisting in our plant nursery with potting and seed ‘cleaning’,
- collecting seeds,
- monitoring water quality in the lakes and lagoons,
- helping record species in our monthly bird surveys.
For further information from Parks Victoria contact Ranger Louis Bell on (03) 9695 9000.
Contact: Tony Flude
Phone: 0400 770 254
20 Feb 2017
Parks Victoria is inviting the community to comment on plans to introduce non-powered recreational boating, including canoes and kayaks, in a section of Devilbend Natural Features Reserve. Devilbend Natural Features Reserve is recognised internationally for its importance in the conservation of bird populations. Over 44 species of birds call Devilbend…
14 Jan 2017 - 17 Apr 2017
The Herring Island Summer Arts Festival 2017 presents a series of 4 exhibitions, by: Association of Sculptors of Victoria Basketmakers of Victoria Contemporary Art Society of Victoria A4 Art Australia The Gallery on Herring Island will be open every weekend from 14 January through 17 April, including Australia Day holiday…
11 Mar 2017 - 12 Mar 2017
Parks Victoria’s Discovery program encourages children and adults to explore Victoria’s parks with a ranger. Programs include a range of interactive and fun activities. Highlights of the Labour Discovery Program at the Prom include opportunities to: Join Marco Festa-Bianchet from the University of Sherbrooke, Quebec and University of Melbourne on…
22 Mar 2017 10:30am-1:00pm
The Children's Multicultural Picnic will be a celebration of different cultures and the enrichment this brings to children and family lives. A range of activities will be on offer with opportunities for families to participate and promote activities from their own culture and learn about other cultures. Held at Brimbank…