Friends of Westgate Park
The Friends group is made up of enthusiastic people, passionate about Westgate Park and the natural environment.
You can just turn up to our regular work days:
- every Monday and Tuesday - come for as long as you like between 8.30am and 3pm,
- every third Sunday in the month – come anytime from 9am until 4pm, or
- check out our monthly program of activities.
We can tailor the tasks to suit your interests and physical capabilities. These include:
- planting trees, shrubs, climbers, ground covers and wildflowers,
- preparing garden beds for planting by spreading mulch,
- fostering good plant growth by weeding and pruning,
- assisting in our plant nursery with potting and seed ‘cleaning’,
- collecting seeds,
- monitoring water quality in the lakes and lagoons,
- helping record species in our monthly bird surveys.
For further information from Parks Victoria contact Ranger Louis Bell on (03) 9695 9000.
Contact: Tony Flude
Phone: 0400 770 254
29 Jun 2015 - 10 Jul 2015
Join a ranger to discover Wilsons Promontory National Park this winter. Adventure through forest tracks, along Tidal River and amongst boulders of the rocky shore. Help celebrate National Aborigines and Islander Day Observance Committee (NAIDOC) Week by creating a stencil art banner. Discover the unique flora of the Prom and…
1 Jul 2015 - 31 Jul 2015
A wide variety of events are held at Albert Park throughout the year. Events range from fun runs and sporting tournaments to other community events. See the full calendar here.
8 Jul 2015 10:00am-12:00pm
Be a palaeontologist for the day! What can fossils show us about the diet of dinosaurs? Why did they have claws? Learn how modern animals teach us about the behaviour of prehistoric creatures and make your own fossil replica to take home. All weather activity.