Friends of Westgate Park
The Friends group is made up of enthusiastic people, passionate about Westgate Park and the natural environment.
You can just turn up to our regular work days:
- every Monday and Tuesday - come for as long as you like between 8.30am and 3pm,
- every third Sunday in the month – come anytime from 9am until 4pm, or
- check out our monthly program of activities.
We can tailor the tasks to suit your interests and physical capabilities. These include:
- planting trees, shrubs, climbers, ground covers and wildflowers,
- preparing garden beds for planting by spreading mulch,
- fostering good plant growth by weeding and pruning,
- assisting in our plant nursery with potting and seed ‘cleaning’,
- collecting seeds,
- monitoring water quality in the lakes and lagoons,
- helping record species in our monthly bird surveys.
For further information from Parks Victoria contact Ranger Louis Bell on (03) 9695 9000.
Contact: Tony Flude
Phone: 0400 770 254
16 Nov 2015
Parks Victoria has completed a large scale road upgrade program in the Grampians National Park in partnership with the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP). Works near Dunkeld and the southern end of the Grampians included installing three kilometres of gravel (2,500 tonnes) on Cassidy Gap Road, enabling…
1 Jul 2015 12:00am - 30 Jun 2016 12:00am
A wide variety of events are held at Albert Park throughout the year. Events range from fun runs and sporting tournaments to other community events. See the full calendar here.
2 Dec 2015 3:00pm - 4 Dec 2015 12:00pm
The Deadly in Gippsland Conference is a celebration, a celebration of Aboriginal people and culture, of what can be achieved in partnership and a celebration of the deadly work being done by Aboriginal people every day.
5 Dec 2015 12:00pm-3:00pm
Join the Friends of Westgate Park to celebrate Westgate Park's 30 Birthday. The day will include tours of the Park.