Friends of Westgate Park
The Friends group is made up of enthusiastic people, passionate about Westgate Park and the natural environment.
You can just turn up to our regular work days:
- every Monday and Tuesday - come for as long as you like between 8.30am and 3pm,
- every third Sunday in the month – come anytime from 9am until 4pm, or
- check out our monthly program of activities.
We can tailor the tasks to suit your interests and physical capabilities. These include:
- planting trees, shrubs, climbers, ground covers and wildflowers,
- preparing garden beds for planting by spreading mulch,
- fostering good plant growth by weeding and pruning,
- assisting in our plant nursery with potting and seed ‘cleaning’,
- collecting seeds,
- monitoring water quality in the lakes and lagoons,
- helping record species in our monthly bird surveys.
For further information from Parks Victoria contact Ranger Louis Bell on (03) 9695 9000.
Contact: Tony Flude
Phone: 0400 770 254
23 Apr 2015
Parks Victoria is using aerial support to help with the upgrade of the popular Sundial and Lakeview lookouts in the Wonderland Range of the Grampians National Park as part of a $250,000 investment for the well-loved tourist attractions. Acting District Manager, Dave Roberts said “To meet current safety standards and…
1 May 2015 - 31 May 2015
A wide variety of events are held at Albert Park throughout the year. Events range from fun runs and sporting tournaments to other community events. See the full calendar here.
3 May 2015 9:15am-11:30am
The Werribee Mansion Run is a Run/walk event starting and finishing on the lawns of Werribee Mansion. A beautiful course takes participants throughout the western sections of Werribee Park. The event is designed to cater for all age groups and ability levels with 10.5km, 5.2km and 1km kid’s dash events.…
6 May 2015 8:30am - 8 May 2015 6:00pm
Work alongside Parks Victoria in threatened species recovery monitoring for the four large Forest Owls including: Powerful, Barking, Masked and Sooty Owl. Approximately 4-5 hours each evening will be spent out in the field. The Forest Owl Monitoring program is managed by Parks Victoria. Activities involve owl playbacks for response,…
7 May 2015 5:30pm-10:00pm
Woodlands Historic Park comes to life at dusk with kangaroos, wallabies, possums and other wildlife springing into action. We will be looking out for the Eastern Barred Bandicoots and learning about the program to save them from extinction. We start the evening with a light dinner under the stars before…