Friends of Westgate Park
The Friends group is made up of enthusiastic people, passionate about Westgate Park and the natural environment.
You can just turn up to our regular work days:
- every Monday and Tuesday - come for as long as you like between 8.30am and 3pm,
- every third Sunday in the month – come anytime from 9am until 4pm, or
- check out our monthly program of activities.
We can tailor the tasks to suit your interests and physical capabilities. These include:
- planting trees, shrubs, climbers, ground covers and wildflowers,
- preparing garden beds for planting by spreading mulch,
- fostering good plant growth by weeding and pruning,
- assisting in our plant nursery with potting and seed ‘cleaning’,
- collecting seeds,
- monitoring water quality in the lakes and lagoons,
- helping record species in our monthly bird surveys.
For further information from Parks Victoria contact Ranger Louis Bell on (03) 9695 9000.
Contact: Tony Flude
Phone: 0400 770 254
11 Oct 2016
Driving through regional Victoria it’s common to see large clumps of spiky cactus springing up beside the road or vast fields of impenetrable tangled mess. Wheel Cactus is a common site in central Victoria. It has large round discs and has been the enemy of the ‘Cactus Warriors’ for more…
9 Sep 2016 8:00pm - 29 Oct 2016 8:00am
Fun scary play based on the history of the Mansion. Follow the actors throughout the Mansion and the story unfolds as you move from room to room.
24 Sep 2016 8:00pm - 17 Dec 2016 8:30pm
Down to Earth is a theatrical production performed at the Werribee Park farm at night. Set in 1862 it combines the history of the farm with interactive comedy and scary elements. Suitable ages 10 and up. Dates available 24 sept, 14, 22 October, 4 November 9 and 17 December.
29 Oct 2016 8:00am - 31 Oct 2016 7:00am
A ticketed event that provides lots of activities and entertainment for the whole family. Accommodation including camping, glamping and VIP suites available.
29 Oct 2016 11:00am-12:00pm
Come along to hear about the Wilsons Promontory Conservation Action Plan, a new approach designed to improve the health of ecosystems at the Prom. An informative and interactive session presented by Phil Pegler, Manager - Environment & Conservation and Jim Whelan, Ecological Restoration Project Officer.