Campground host volunteer program
Volunteering as a campground host is a fantastic way to see our magnificent parks while at the same time providing a valuable service to other campers and Parks Victoria rangers. Campground hosts enjoy working in some of Victoria’s most amazing wilderness areas, learning about the local environment and helping others to experience all that our parks have to offer.
All volunteers are trained and receive ongoing support from the team at Parks Victoria.
- Provide a friendly contact point for both Parks Victoria staff and the public at popular campsites
- Provide orientation to new arrivals and general information on the area and its attractions to campers
- Provide park information to campground visitors and day visitors, walkers, hikers as well as ensuring that the campsite is a safe place for all
- Experience the day to day management of our campgrounds
- Assist our Rangers and Summer Rangers with education and interpretation activities where required
- Promote and encourage the Healthy Parks, Healthy People approach to being outdoors and active through recommendations of walks etc
- Alert rangers to disturbances or breaches of park regulations.
Campground hosts must be self-motivated, have a good level of fitness as some of the campsites are in remote locations, have excellent communication skills and experience in camping. Applicants must be 18 years or over to apply.
Volunteers are provided with access to free camping, uniform and support whilst in the park as well as information and training to ensure that they are safe and understand the requirements of becoming a Campground Host Volunteer. For more detailed information, please refer to the position description below.
Expressions Of Interest to join our Summer 2016/17 program will open in October 2016. Please keep checking back here for updates.
Download the Campground Host Volunteer Role Description.
For any questions please phone 13 1963 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org