Campground host volunteer program
Volunteering as a campground host is a fantastic way to see our magnificent parks while at the same time providing a valuable service to other campers and Parks Victoria rangers. Campground hosts enjoy working in some of Victoria’s most amazing wilderness areas, learning about the local environment and helping others to experience all that our parks have to offer.
All volunteers are trained and receive ongoing support from the team at Parks Victoria.
- Provide a friendly contact point for both Parks Victoria staff and the public at popular campsites
- Provide orientation to new arrivals and general information on the area and its attractions to campers
- Provide park information to campground visitors and day visitors, walkers, hikers as well as ensuring that the campsite is a safe place for all
- Experience the day to day management of our campgrounds
- Assist our Rangers and Summer Rangers with education and interpretation activities where required
- Promote and encourage the Healthy Parks, Healthy People approach to being outdoors and active through recommendations of walks etc
- Alert rangers to disturbances or breaches of park regulations.
Campground hosts must be self-motivated, have a good level of fitness as some of the campsites are in remote locations, have excellent communication skills and experience in camping. Applicants must be 18 years or over to apply.
Volunteers are provided with access to free camping, uniform and support whilst in the park as well as information and training to ensure that they are safe and understand the requirements of becoming a Campground Host Volunteer. For more detailed information, please refer to the position description below.
Opportunities for Summer 2016-17
Expression Of Interest are now open and there are plenty of parks to choose from.
Vacancies are now open for the following parks for one or two weeks between 24 Dec 2016 and 28 Jan 2017:
- Mount Buffalo National Park
- Grampians National Park
- Kinglake National Park
- Great Otway National Park
- Buchan Caves Reserve
- Croajinggolong National Park
- Cathedral Range State Park
- Lake Eildon National Park
- Corringle Foreshore Reserve
- Kurth Kiln Regional Park
- Upper Yarra Reservoir Park
- Mount Eccles National Park
- Wilsons Promontory National Park (not Tidal River)
Complete the Expression Of Interest and our Campground Host Coordinator will be in touch to discuss further.
Please note for all new applicants you will be required to attend Induction which will be held on 10 & 11 December in Melbourne.
A National Police Check will also be conducted on all successful applicants with the cost covered by Parks Victoria, this is now completed online to save processing times.
Download the Campground Host Volunteer Role Description.
For any questions please phone 13 1963 or email us at email@example.com