Friends of Westgate Park
The Friends group is made up of enthusiastic people, passionate about Westgate Park and the natural environment.
You can just turn up to our regular work days:
- every Monday and Tuesday - come for as long as you like between 8.30am and 3pm,
- every third Sunday in the month – come anytime from 9am until 4pm, or
- check out our monthly program of activities.
We can tailor the tasks to suit your interests and physical capabilities. These include:
- planting trees, shrubs, climbers, ground covers and wildflowers,
- preparing garden beds for planting by spreading mulch,
- fostering good plant growth by weeding and pruning,
- assisting in our plant nursery with potting and seed ‘cleaning’,
- collecting seeds,
- monitoring water quality in the lakes and lagoons,
- helping record species in our monthly bird surveys.
For further information from Parks Victoria contact Ranger Louis Bell on (03) 9695 9000.
Contact: Tony Flude
Phone: 0400 770 254
10 Nov 2017
Visitors heading to Tidal River this Sunday 12 November may experience traffic delays due to a small planned burn in Wilsons Promontory National Park.The planned burn will take place in the northern part of the park and will involve the partial closure of Wilsons Promontory Road. Access to Five Mile…
17 Nov 2017 8:30pm - 28 Dec 2017 8:30pm
This is an exciting journey through Werribee Mansion at night, with a historical focus.
18 Nov 2017 8:30pm - 2 Dec 2017 10:00pm
An immersive fun experience. A roaming play filled with scary elements, comedy and history at the historic farm at Werribee Park.
26 Nov 2017 9:00am-2:00pm
Set amongst the historic buildings of the Quarantine Station, this popular market offers over 250 stalls showcasing local produce, crafts, food and entertainment. Follow the meandering path through the stalls, stopping to have a chat to the bakers, makers and growers along the way.
9 Dec 2017 9:00am-1:00pm
It’s all about ease of participation with this inaugural triathlon based event. Offering the ability to leave the bike at home, later morning start, and set in a picturesque national park environment in Portsea. The SwimRun option will see participants perform a Swim / Run / Swim / Run, while…