Friends of Westgate Park
The Friends group is made up of enthusiastic people, passionate about Westgate Park and the natural environment.
You can just turn up to our regular work days:
- every Monday and Tuesday - come for as long as you like between 8.30am and 3pm,
- every third Sunday in the month – come anytime from 9am until 4pm, or
- check out our monthly program of activities.
We can tailor the tasks to suit your interests and physical capabilities. These include:
- planting trees, shrubs, climbers, ground covers and wildflowers,
- preparing garden beds for planting by spreading mulch,
- fostering good plant growth by weeding and pruning,
- assisting in our plant nursery with potting and seed ‘cleaning’,
- collecting seeds,
- monitoring water quality in the lakes and lagoons,
- helping record species in our monthly bird surveys.
For further information from Parks Victoria contact Ranger Louis Bell on (03) 9695 9000.
Contact: Tony Flude
Phone: 0400 770 254
18 Sep 2017
Bug Blitz - a program that has created over 25,000 student citizen scientists since its inception in 2008!Over 250 student field days have been held resulting in over 10,000 trees being planted, 550 nest boxes installed and over 50,000 images captured in the past decade across the state.Last week, over…
15 Sep 2017 8:00pm - 31 Oct 2017 9:30pm
This play is set in the 19 century and based on the true story of the Chirnside family. Brothers Thomas and Andrew Chirnside came out from Scotland to Australia in 1839. Told by two fictitious characters, Maggie, the head maid and Mr Duncan the butler, you will be transported to…
24 Sep 2017 9:00am-11:00am
You are cordially invited to attend Friends of Glen Nayook working bee which will concentrate on cleaning up the carpark area. Please bring your own tools such as rakes and gloves. Coffee and tea will be provided after the working bee.
25 Sep 2017 - 6 Oct 2017
Parks Victoria’s Discovery program encourages children and adults to explore Victoria’s parks with a Ranger. Programs run every school holidays across the state and include a range of interactive and fun activities.Highlights of the September School Holidays Discovery Program at Wilsons Promontory National Park include:Join in our interactive Bioquest challenge…