Stage 3: Mt Martha to Elwood
Stage 3 is currently being implemented from Mt Martha to Elwood and is due for completion in early 2014.
The following areas have already been completed:
- Frankston & Davey's Bay
- Areas of the Cerberus Wreck and Half Moon Bay, Black Rock.
In water works are currently progressing from the southern end of the bay around to Elwood with land-based signs due for installation in early January.
Elwood to Mount Martha
The changes between Elwood and Mordialloc include:
- Revised Swimming Only Zone at Elwood, Brighton, Hampton and Sandringham Life Saving Clubs.
- Removal of No Personal Water Craft Zone north of Elwood Life Saving Club.
- Revised Shared Wind Sports Zones at Brighton and Hampton.
- Removal of Waterski Access Lane opposite Martin Street Brighton.
- Revised Swimming Only Zones at Half Moon Bay, Black Rock, Beaumaris, Mentone and Mordialloc Life Saving Clubs.
- Upgraded aids to navigation in the vicinity of the Cerberus wreck (Half Moon Bay) Black Rock.
- Upgraded aids to navigation at Mordialloc Creek entrance.
- Revised Boating Only Zone at Mordialloc Creek.
- Revised Waterski Access Lane at Mentone.
- Removal of No PWC (Personal Water Craft) Zones between Black Rock Point and Second Street, Black Rock and north of Mordialloc Life Saving Club.
- Removal of No Boating Zone opposite Herbert Street, Parkdale.
- Revised Swimming Only Zones at Aspendale, Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeachs.
- Revised Boating Only Zone at Patterson River.
- Upgraded aids to navigation at Patterson River entrance.
- Revised Shared Wind Sports Zone at Seaford.
- Removal of Sailboards Only Zone south of Frankston Pier.
- Removal of No Sailboards Zone south of Frankston Pier.
- Revised Swimming Only Zones at Daveys Bay, Mt Eliza and Mornington Life Saving Club.
- Removal of Waterski Access Lane at Mills Beach, Mornington.
- Revised Swimming Only Zones at Fishermans Beach, Mornington, Mt Martha and Mt Martha Life Saving Club.
- Removal of Waterski Access Lane at Coolangatta Rd, Mt Martha.
17 Feb 2014
The discovery of healthy populations of two bio control agents released up to 15 years ago has boosted the prospects for biological control of English Broom. Dr Robin Adair, an expert in the biological control of weeds, was commissioned by Parks Victoria last year to assess the establishment and impacts…
12 Mar 2014
The Grey-headed Flying-fox is the largest flying-fox (also known as a fruit bat) species in Australia. Each month the Australian Research Centre for Urban Ecology conduct the monthly bat count at Yarra Bend Park at dusk on the Wednesday evening closest to the risen full moon. This data is critical…
15 Mar 2014 9:00am - 16 Mar 2014 5:00pm
The Back to Steiglitz community art group will have an exhibition in St Paul's church, Steiglitz. There will be 4 artists displaying their works in a variety of mediums and styles. Historic buildings will be open to the public. The Back to Steiglitz group will provide food and drinks for…
23 Mar 2014 9:00am-3:00pm
Help create koala habitat and learn about koalas. Enjoy a day helping Koalas in the wild. Search for koalas, monitor their behaviour, remove weeds from their habitat and take records of all other wildlife seen, all in the company of a highly experienced Koala Researcher. Part of the day is…
23 Mar 2014 11:00am-3:30pm
Live.Grow.Explore. Community Day brings community together to explore their broader backyard and to learn more about sustainable lifestyle choices in one of Melbourne's most extensive landcare and reinvigoration corridors. This FREE family event and BBQ lunch showcases many sustainable education stalls. The day includes Vasili Kanidiadis of Vasilis Garden to…
Happy International Women’s Day! Photo: Ranger Deb Cross at the Gil Groggin Fir...Happy International Women’s Day! Photo: Ranger Deb Cross at the Gil Groggin Fire north of Buchan.View post | Sat, 08 Mar 2014 09.42
The Mt Zero area in Grampians National Park has re-opened in time for the long w...The Mt Zero area in Grampians National Park has re-opened in time for the long weekend to provide visitors with a walking experience in the Northern Grampians. Many areas in the park are now open after the fire in January. Full details here http://ow.ly/ukBMTView post | Fri, 07 Mar 2014 17.11
Thanks to all our Facebook friends who have sent in their favourite park photos...Thanks to all our Facebook friends who have sent in their favourite park photos this week to help inspire your next park visit. Enjoy your local parks and beyond this long weekend to help celebrate the end of Parks Week.Friends Parks Week photosThanks to all our Facebook friends who have sent in their favourite park photos this week to help inspire your next park visit. Enjoy your local parks and beyond this long weekend to help celebrate the end of Parks Week.View post | Fri, 07 Mar 2014 13.45
Introducing the newest recruit to join the Werribee Park horticultural team, See...Introducing the newest recruit to join the Werribee Park horticultural team, See Me. He is from the Karen people of Burma and lived for 15 years in a refugee camp before coming to Australia. See Me is being sponsored by Matchworks and will be working with us for the next 11 months while he completes a Certificate Three in Horticulture. We’re celebrating the many park connections with Victoria’s rich multicultural community during Parks Week. http://ow.ly/ui2jQView post | Thu, 06 Mar 2014 16.14
Clean Up Australia Day events at Kalimna Park and Golden Point Reserve last week...Clean Up Australia Day events at Kalimna Park and Golden Point Reserve last weekend resulted in 4 cubic metres of rubbish being removed from the bush in and around Castlemaine Diggings National Heritage Park. We would like to say a big thank you to all the volunteers for their efforts on the day. http://ow.ly/uhMnvView post | Thu, 06 Mar 2014 11.43