Stage 3: Mt Martha to Elwood
Stage 3 is currently being implemented from Mt Martha to Elwood and is due for completion in early 2014.
The following areas have already been completed:
- Frankston & Davey's Bay
- Areas of the Cerberus Wreck and Half Moon Bay, Black Rock.
In water works are currently progressing from the southern end of the bay around to Elwood with land-based signs due for installation in early January.
Elwood to Mount Martha
The changes between Elwood and Mordialloc include:
- Revised Swimming Only Zone at Elwood, Brighton, Hampton and Sandringham Life Saving Clubs.
- Removal of No Personal Water Craft Zone north of Elwood Life Saving Club.
- Revised Shared Wind Sports Zones at Brighton and Hampton.
- Removal of Waterski Access Lane opposite Martin Street Brighton.
- Revised Swimming Only Zones at Half Moon Bay, Black Rock, Beaumaris, Mentone and Mordialloc Life Saving Clubs.
- Upgraded aids to navigation in the vicinity of the Cerberus wreck (Half Moon Bay) Black Rock.
- Upgraded aids to navigation at Mordialloc Creek entrance.
- Revised Boating Only Zone at Mordialloc Creek.
- Revised Waterski Access Lane at Mentone.
- Removal of No PWC (Personal Water Craft) Zones between Black Rock Point and Second Street, Black Rock and north of Mordialloc Life Saving Club.
- Removal of No Boating Zone opposite Herbert Street, Parkdale.
- Revised Swimming Only Zones at Aspendale, Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeachs.
- Revised Boating Only Zone at Patterson River.
- Upgraded aids to navigation at Patterson River entrance.
- Revised Shared Wind Sports Zone at Seaford.
- Removal of Sailboards Only Zone south of Frankston Pier.
- Removal of No Sailboards Zone south of Frankston Pier.
- Revised Swimming Only Zones at Daveys Bay, Mt Eliza and Mornington Life Saving Club.
- Removal of Waterski Access Lane at Mills Beach, Mornington.
- Revised Swimming Only Zones at Fishermans Beach, Mornington, Mt Martha and Mt Martha Life Saving Club.
- Removal of Waterski Access Lane at Coolangatta Rd, Mt Martha.
23 Sep 2014
Visitors to East Gippsland’s Snowy River National Park this school holidays will marvel at the park’s recovery as they are able to gain access to Raymond Creek Falls for the first time since the devastating fires in February this year. District Manager, Will McCutcheon said over 80 per cent of…
20 Oct 2014 4:00pm - 24 Oct 2014 5:00pm
The 10 Special Olympics National Games (SONG) is the flagship event for Special Olympics Australia and will be held in Melbourne from October 20 to 24 predominantly at venues at Albert Park. It provides an opportunity for athletes with intellectual disabilities from around Australia in ages ranging from 9 through…
22 Oct 2014 10:00am-11:30am
Want to know how to find more birds? Join a Parks Victoria ranger on a free guided bird walk at Wilsons Promontory National Park to discover the best areas to spot birds. As a part of Bird Week 2014 all bird sightings from this activity will be added to the…
23 Oct 2014 10:00am-12:00pm
Join a Parks Victoria ranger on a free guided bird watching walk to celebrate Bird Week 2014. Coolart Wetlands and Homestead has a mix of heritage gardens, native bushland, coastal scrub and wetlands which create a perfect bird watching space. With a mix of bird hides and heritage buildings to…
23 Oct 2014 10:00am-11:00am
To celebrate Bird Week 2014, join a Parks Victoria ranger on a free guided tour through Serendip Sanctuary. Serendip is well known for its stunning bird life and has a variety of wetland, grassland and woodland habitats which help attract over 150 known bird species. The park also has bird…