Stage 3: Mt Martha to Elwood
Stage 3 is currently being implemented from Mt Martha to Elwood and is due for completion in early 2014.
The following areas have already been completed:
- Frankston & Davey's Bay
- Areas of the Cerberus Wreck and Half Moon Bay, Black Rock.
In water works are currently progressing from the southern end of the bay around to Elwood with land-based signs due for installation in early January.
Elwood to Mount Martha
The changes between Elwood and Mordialloc include:
- Revised Swimming Only Zone at Elwood, Brighton, Hampton and Sandringham Life Saving Clubs.
- Removal of No Personal Water Craft Zone north of Elwood Life Saving Club.
- Revised Shared Wind Sports Zones at Brighton and Hampton.
- Removal of Waterski Access Lane opposite Martin Street Brighton.
- Revised Swimming Only Zones at Half Moon Bay, Black Rock, Beaumaris, Mentone and Mordialloc Life Saving Clubs.
- Upgraded aids to navigation in the vicinity of the Cerberus wreck (Half Moon Bay) Black Rock.
- Upgraded aids to navigation at Mordialloc Creek entrance.
- Revised Boating Only Zone at Mordialloc Creek.
- Revised Waterski Access Lane at Mentone.
- Removal of No PWC (Personal Water Craft) Zones between Black Rock Point and Second Street, Black Rock and north of Mordialloc Life Saving Club.
- Removal of No Boating Zone opposite Herbert Street, Parkdale.
- Revised Swimming Only Zones at Aspendale, Edithvale, Chelsea and Bonbeachs.
- Revised Boating Only Zone at Patterson River.
- Upgraded aids to navigation at Patterson River entrance.
- Revised Shared Wind Sports Zone at Seaford.
- Removal of Sailboards Only Zone south of Frankston Pier.
- Removal of No Sailboards Zone south of Frankston Pier.
- Revised Swimming Only Zones at Daveys Bay, Mt Eliza and Mornington Life Saving Club.
- Removal of Waterski Access Lane at Mills Beach, Mornington.
- Revised Swimming Only Zones at Fishermans Beach, Mornington, Mt Martha and Mt Martha Life Saving Club.
- Removal of Waterski Access Lane at Coolangatta Rd, Mt Martha.
07 Aug 2014
An endangered Spotted-tailed Quoll has been sighted in the Great Otway National Park for the first time in 24 years. Related to the Tasmanian Devil, and colloquially known as the ‘Tiger Quoll’, the animal was caught on a remote camera set up as part of an ongoing program by Parks…
30 Aug 2014 8:00am-9:00am
parkrun is free, weekly, 5km timed run that is open to everyone - walkers, runners, families and dogs are all welcome! Westerfolds parkrun occurs every Saturday morning. We're based near the main carpark off the Fitzsimons Lane entrance, and the course is run entirely on sealed paths within the park.
31 Aug 2014 9:30am-10:20am
A superb loop walk that winds through woodland, wet heathland & along boardwalks. Along the way you will encounter a variety of flora including hakeas, wattles, tea-trees, mistletoe, swamp bush pea and button grass. This guided walk is run by Friends of Bunyip State Park.
1 Sep 2014 8:30am - 4 Sep 2014 5:30pm
We will take you behind the scenes on this exclusive, small group adventure as you work alongside a Parks Victoria Ranger to 'track and protect' the elusive Brush-tailed Phascogales, which are on Victoria's threatened species list. You will sample some of the region's best wines, see ancient Aboriginal rock art…
2 Sep 2014 10:00am-11:00am
Enjoy the fresh air of this beautiful park and get an insight into the park’s fascinating history, flora and fauna. This free guided walk run by Friends of Tarra Bulga National Park will lead you across the famous Corrigan Suspension Bridge which stretches through the rainforest canopy, and on either…