Moorings and berths
Parks Victoria manages multiple mooring grounds and berthing locations throughout Port Phillip and Western Port.
There are different types of moorings, including:
- Annual moorings - Parks Victoria moorings permits on an annual basis.
- Destination moorings - Parks Victoria moorings, intended for short-term (overnight) stays, available on a first-come first-served basis.
- Seasonal moorings - Parks Victoria moorings available for exclusive use between December and April.
To contact a moorings officer, call Parks Victoria on 13 1963 and ask to be connected to the relevant office:
- For Western Port contact the San Remo office
- For Port Phillip from Portsea to Daveys Bay Mt Eliza contact Rosebud office
- For Port Phillip including Patterson River, Hampton & Sandringham contact the Patterson River office
- For Port Phillip from St Kilda to Werribee River including Williamstown contact the Williamstown office
- For Port Phillip from south of Werribee River to Queenscliff contact the Queenscliff office
There is limited availability of permanent berths at piers and jetties managed by Parks Victoria.
Apply for an annual berthing permit at Mornington Fishermans Jetty.
There are a number of piers and jetties available for temporary berthing. There is a time limit for the use of these facilities so all users are able to access popular destinations.
All Parks Victoria managed piers and jetties have colour coded signs identifying temporary berthing zones, loading zones, short term zones and permit only zones.
For more information about berths, please contact 13 1963.