Moorings and berths
Parks Victoria manages multiple mooring grounds and berthing locations throughout Port Phillip and Western Port.
There are different types of moorings, including:
- Annual moorings - Parks Victoria moorings authorised on an annual basis.
- Destination moorings - Parks Victoria moorings, intended for short-term (overnight) stays, available on a first-come first-served basis.
- Seasonal moorings - Parks Victoria moorings available for exclusive use between December and April.
To contact a moorings officer, call Parks Victoria on 13 1963 and ask to be connected to the relevant office:
- For Western Port contact the San Remo office
- For Port Phillip from Portsea to Daveys Bay Mt Eliza contact Rosebud office
- For Port Phillip including Patterson River, Hampton & Sandringham contact the Patterson River office
- For Port Phillip from St Kilda to Werribee River including Williamstown contact the Williamstown office
- For Port Phillip from south of Werribee River to Queenscliff contact the Queenscliff office
There is limited availability of permanent berths at piers and jetties managed by Parks Victoria.
Apply for an annual berthing authority at Mornington Fishermans Jetty.
There are a number of piers and jetties available for temporary berthing. There is a time limit for the use of these facilities so all users are able to access popular destinations.
All Parks Victoria managed piers and jetties have colour coded signs identifying temporary berthing zones, loading zones, short term zones and permit only zones.
For more information about berths, please contact 13 1963.
Relevant legislationParks Victoria issues authorities for the mooring or berthing of vessels in accordance with the Port Management (Local Ports) Regulations 2004. Regulation 205, 206, 208 and 212 cover the authorities for mooring and berthing sites.
30 Sep 2014
Parks Victoria is inviting expressions of interest from members of the community who are interested in becoming part of the Westgate Park Advisory Group and contributing to the development of a Westgate Park Master Plan that will guide management of the park for the next 20 years. Members of the…
1 Nov 2014 8:00am-9:00am
parkrun is free, weekly, 5km timed run that is open to everyone - walkers, runners, families and dogs are all welcome! Westerfolds parkrun occurs every Saturday morning. We're based near the main carpark off the Fitzsimons Lane entrance, and the course is run entirely on sealed paths within the park.
1 Nov 2014 12:30pm - 3 Nov 2014 4:30pm
Get to know Wilsons Promontory National Park with a Ranger on a Discovery walk or activity on Melbourne Cup Long Weekend from 1-3 November 2014. A range of activities are available including Junior Ranger activities for 6-12 year olds, StoryTime activities for pre-school age children and guided walks, presentations and…
3 Nov 2014 8:00am - 6 Nov 2014 5:00pm
Make a big difference at Little Desert! Learn about the endangered Mallefowl recovery program, support wildlife monitoring and encounter a range of native wildlife species held at the Little Desert Sanctuary including Suger Gliders, Bruh-tailed Bettongs and Bush-stone Curlews.
3 Nov 2014 8:30am - 6 Nov 2014 5:30pm
We will take you behind the scenes on this exclusive, small group adventure as you work alongside a Parks Victoria Ranger to 'track and protect' the elusive Brush-tailed Phascogales, which are on Victoria's threatened species list. You will sample some of the region's best wines, see ancient Aboriginal rock art…